can`t remote view hikvision dvr

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
can`t view this dvr from another network .hikvision ds-7108hghi-k1. any ideas?thanks for any help

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the same DVR from March 2023?

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
in sadp tool it says "device is not bound or hik-connect service is offline"

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i log on to hik-connect and added the device , now when i try to unbind it in sadp it says "only the device in the same region with the software can be unbound from it`s account"
'

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
also have a ptz cam that is online in sadp but can`t be unbound

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
think i`m about done with hikvision
I have been for a while. Never update crap, searching for firmware (because the “check for updates” never works) is about impossible from their website, and even as a tech with a direct number to support, you better clear your schedule for the remainder of the day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind the Hikvision and Dahua and their OEMs of the world make their money on the front end, so they have no incentive to continually provide firmware updates. If you see 3 updates in the life of a camera, that is a lot and those are usually in the first year or so.

Even high-end Axis only guarantees updates for 5 years. Granted that is more than most, but don't expect updates.

Further most here do not update if the camera is working for our needs. Most of the updates are for security vulnerabilities, but if you don't allow your cameras access to the internet, then it doesn't make sense to update. We see too many issues from people updating just for the sake of updating.

If you want updates, that is what a new model is for.

If you want stuff updated, then you need to go to consumer grade crap with subscription services, but even then they will EOL stuff at some point.

prop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i`m in mexico and just need an 8 channle dvr and some cameras that i can view in the states

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i`m in mexico and just need an 8 channle dvr and some cameras that i can view in the states
I suggest you contact @EMPIRETECANDY of Empire Technology via PM (Personal Message), the letter icon at the upper right of your screen.

He sells his brand "Loryta" which is OEM'd by Dahua. He sells International firmware versions which can be updated and he lists the updates when available here: