Can you set up two motion triggers on same camera?

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wondering if this is possible... Here's my setup for the camera: One camera in the front of my house, I have it to record when there is general motion, so when a car passes or activity on sidewalk it will record. I have enough HD space to allow me to do so. What I would also like is to set up a "ZONE" specifically my front steps and driveway close to the house, so when there is motion there, I can set something up to either email me, sound an alarm (via Home automation or zwave), turn lights on, text or something.

Is this possible? If so, any detailed instructions would be great. If not, any recommendations, if what I'm saying makes sense ;) lol..

THANKS!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering if this is possible... Here's my setup for the camera: One camera in the front of my house, I have it to record when there is general motion, so when a car passes or activity on sidewalk it will record. I have enough HD space to allow me to do so. What I would also like is to set up a "ZONE" specifically my front steps and driveway close to the house, so when there is motion there, I can set something up to either email me, sound an alarm (via Home automation or zwave), turn lights on, text or something.

Is this possible? If so, any detailed instructions would be great. If not, any recommendations, if what I'm saying makes sense ;) lol..

THANKS!
This is easy...in the alert tab you can select that only certain zones will send alerts. The problem is that the zone you setup will have the same sensitivity settings as the other zones for that camera. To get around this you can clone the camera (setup the same camera a second time) but disable recording and only use that camera for alerts. You can hide this duplicate from the main blue iris console as well as the mobile app.

nutshellml

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll try it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk