Cannot acces IPCam in IE

mirc

n3wb
Reaction score
I had installed an outside VGA cam on a fixed IP port 80 two years ago, and an inside wireless cam (Dlink) on the same IP but port 81. Both worked great for this past years. Cameras are in Romania, I'm in US
Three days ago I had my guy over there replace old VGA cam with a newer HD cam, Hikvision DS-2CD2012F-I.
Essentially he just swapped old camera with new camera.
For the first 24 hours, both inside D-link cam and new outside Hikvision cam worked fine, one on port 81 and another on port 80, same IP.
I was accesing Hikvision using IE (Windows 10) and iVMS app on my phone and the iVMS mobile app on my phone.
After about 24 hours, IE access stopped working. When I try to acces the Hikvision camera I am asked for user name and pass of the other camera (Dlink), so looks like somehow the port 80 access is not "touching" my other port 81 on the router.
So I can no longer access my new Hikvision camera using the webbrowser, which is my desired way to access the cam. But both the PC app and mobile app from Hikvision continue to work just fine.
What could be wrong with the IE access and how can I restore that access to the camera?
(the UPnP protocol is enabled in the camera). Need to add router settings were not changed, and actually the router is locked by the local internet provider (cannot access it)
Thank you

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure IE is connecting to the #81 port ?

btw exposing your cameras directly may be dangerous if any security hole exist in the FW of your cameras, you'd better mount a VPN if possible but this is only a "best practice" advice.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you 100% sure IE is connecting to the #81 port ?

btw exposing your cameras directly may be dangerous if any security hole exist in the FW of your cameras, you'd better mount a VPN if possible but this is only a "best practice" advice.
It's a bigger deal than just "best practice". Using the P2P cloud service is actually more secure though I don't like it either.
IoT security camera infected within 98 seconds of plugging it in

It's very possible your ISP is blocking it because of this type of thing. Ideally @mirc has a computer on site with something like chrome remote desktop or team viewer running set to auto reboot on power loss.

mirc

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a bigger deal than just "best practice". Using the P2P cloud service is actually more secure though I don't like it either.

It's very possible your ISP is blocking it because of this type of thing. Ideally @mirc has a computer on site with something like chrome remote desktop or team viewer running set to auto reboot on power loss.
The message re

Themessage received says :

"The server **.**.**.** is asking for the user name and password. The server reports that is from DSC-***" Because DSC is my D-Link camera, it means my request to port 80 is somehow answered from port 81. Once I put the correct pass I'm in seeing the Dlink camera on port 81, even it on my URL I typed the default address, port 80

mirc

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the mistery, local ISP guy messed up the router config, he is now fixing it

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found the mistery, local ISP guy messed up the router config, he is now fixing it
You mean it is your ISP tech support that do the NAT configuration for you when you want some ?

mirc

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like it, whatever is inside the router is not accesible to me. I no expert either.