Cannot access BI Web server on LAN

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lately I am not able to access BI Web server from different computer on same network as my BI server.

BI Server; 192.168.50.2.
I tried to access from computers in same LAN but it fails to connect with error " the site cannot be reached, Err_Connection_timed_out". No issue launching BI web server locally from BI server.

I tried rebooting BI server, disabled all firewall built into windows 10 OS on BI server but that did not help. I have not changed IP or port on BI server and using same router / router config that worked one month ago. I only have one NIC on my BI server and one subnet network (192.168.50.0)

what am I missing? Will I get clue from any logs (windows or BI server?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Get an IP scanner like Angry IP Scanner and see if it finds the server. The have it scan the BI server for open ports.

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Computers on the same LAN? What's the IP subnet for the LAN and do you have the bind to adapter for the IP checked in BI? If so, try unchecking it. If you are running two NICs (separate camera LAN) this may be your problem.

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will run IP scanner for more information.
All computers I tried from are on same LAN as BI server and BI server only has One physical NIC and one wireless NIC, I have bind to adapter unchecked.

BPatel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Attached is the IP scanner report, I do not see port 81 opened on BI server, do I need to reinstall BI?

IP_Scanner.GIF

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Open a command prompt on the BI machine and type in:

netstat -an | find ":81"

Do you see port 81 as listening on the interface you are trying to connect to? Check the Windows firewall settings on the BI machine too.

If you go into add/remove Windows features in the Control Panel, you can also add the telnet client which will help with troubleshooting.