Cannot add nas4free NFS share - syntax problem?

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Having happily recovered my bricked DS-2CD2032-I I am now trying to get it to store recordings on my nas4free NAS box (based on FreeBSD). I am running nas4free v9.2
When i try to add the NAS server it keeps failing. I am guessing it is a syntax problem though I have tried every conceivable variation of the path.
In nas4free the share is listed as: /mnt/Mount1Vol1/VideoCam
when i copy/paste this into the camera settings it fails and this is logged in the nas4free log:

mountd[1663]: mount request denied from 192.168.1.23 for /mnt/Mount1Vol1/VideoCam

Any other variation of the path produces:

mountd[1663]: mount request from 192.168.1.23 for non existent path /Mount1Vol1/VideoCam

There should not be a permissions issue as there are no permissions in NFS? anyone set this up and got it working on nas4free?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried adding it from the camera GUI? This gets round all syntax problems.
And have you allowed the camera IP address on the access rules for the NFS share?

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes that is how I am trying to add it - from the GUI: Advanced>Storage>NAS
Yes i have allowed the entire /24 network. I tried a CIFS share but that also fails - probably authentication as I allow anonymous access, though I even tried setting CIFS to "local user" and created an account for the camera - which I can access from a windows client but it too fails.

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK I solved it....one needs to put the path in like this:
mnt/Mount1Vol1/VideoCam
That first "/" is what causes the problem...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done, you got there.
And apologies for carelessly not reading your query correctly - for some reason I thought you were using the 'mount' command at the camera command line. Which has quite a complex syntax. Dohh...