Cannot Change IP Address On Dahua IPC-HFW8232EP-Z

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Andy. Which ConfigTool? 3.00.0 for PC or 3.20.0 for PC.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I just downloaded the newest version of config tool, It does NOT have the Initialize feature. You have download the toolbox, create a account with a email and password and it looks like a web based version of the config tool and other features.
In that version it does have that feature, this is something NEW that they are doing and if you can get your cam running that way then this is going to be they way dahua will be tracking where their stuff is going. So now they will peg your camera to your e-mail address.

EDIT---> I confirmed once you have this installed it will work off line, the version of this is 4.09.0

tool.JPG

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you. There is nothing in the instructions on this. The instructions still have the admin/admin deal. The other thing that fooled me is that I ordered the exact same camera from Andy a little over a month before this one and it used the "regular" ConfigTool . I must have got one of the first batch with this new method of logging in.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I down loaded the tool box and tried to activate my account. When I click on the email they sent I get "activation failed". Grrrrrrrr

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you get your camera up and running? If this is the case then Dahua is making us (the end user) activate their hardware and glean a S/N. The up side to doing this would be update reminders but the down side is now its more a big brother approach to doing business.
I down loaded the tool box and tried to activate my account. When I click on the email they sent I get "activation failed". Grrrrrrrr
You have to set a password and use the link they sent you in your e-mail to activate.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Yea IF this is really what is going on, I still think he has a defective camera, I guess I can see dahua's point about having to register the camera but to activate it? This is the first I have seen or heard of this. My USA resellers are unaware of anything like this so we will have too see but from what Andy is alluding to it might be the start of it, at least the International models anyway.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, I have the camera working. As Chris527 said you have to download the Dahua "toolbox" and use the ConfigTool in the tool box. My problem with the password in the tool box is that I had a "period" in it. So I made one up with all letters. The instructions did say to use all characters. Hehehe. Yes I did have to use my email address to receive that part of the activation process.

So it appears that Dahua is indeed changing the way you now log in to these cameras. The instructions that came with this camera still show the "old" way of accessing these cameras. Andy was the one who gave out the "initialize" clue and Chris527 chased it down and figured it all out. I want to thank everyone who helped.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to help, I know that as of late their has been a rash of posts of people having issues as you not being able to log on to the cam the conventional way. If @EMPIRETECANDY can confirm that this is the future of Dahua's way of doing things perhaps he can start a new thread on this. This info will save a lot of hair pulling for sure and let people know what is going on. I bet when you used the register tool, Dahua got some of your info. BTW can you see if the mac address is correct now? That was VERY bizarre for sure.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Glad to help, I know that as of late their has been a rash of posts of people having issues as you not being able to log on to the cam the conventional way. If @EMPIRETECANDY can confirm that this is the future of Dahua's way of doing things perhaps he can start a new thread on this. This info will save a lot of hair pulling for sure and let people know what is going on. I bet when you used the register tool, Dahua got some of your info. BTW can you see if the mac address is correct now? That was VERY bizarre for sure.
You surely can use a fake email address for the registration, i always do like that. This is the new way to config all the cams now, they do this mainly to make the cams safer.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
No doubt Dahua got some of my information. When the ConfigTool in the "Toolbox" worked I did not think to check the Mac address. I was off and running. I did temporarily hook the camera up to my Hikvision NVR as a further test and the camera worked just fine. I will mount it tomorrow morning.

I sent Andy an email that the camera was working and that I had to use the ConfigTool in the Dahua Toolbox. He says that they power up the camera before they ship them and check them out. However I do not think they go so far as to use the ConfigTool. I think they just want to make sure the camera is not dead. Maybe they have some type of software from Dahua for an initial check.

Good idea on Andy starting a thread on how to log into the new Dahua cameras. The factory is lax on this point.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
You surely can use a fake email address for the registration, i always do like that. This is the new way to config all the cams now, they do this mainly to make the cams safer.
Yea, they had to do something to tighten security, I could see this coming sooner or later. I think if they have your e-mail and your cam's S/N they can alert you to correct firmware updates for your cams and NVR's. I know the new NVR's have a option for auto firmware update if you choose to do so and that a good thing to take the guesswork about what firmware to use. I know I see so many posts here about the confusion of firmware and bricked NVR's and cams because the user used the wrong firmware. Geeze Andy, this should make your life easier in the long run ;0

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I installed the camera today and everything is fine except for one thing. The time is not synchronizing with the Hikvision NVR. It is 16 hours ahead like it is on Hong Kong time. First time I have ran across this problem. As I type this it is 1/25/18 and 5:07am.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Here are some picture comparisons of the Hikvision and the Dahua which I replaced it with. I have the IR turned off on the Dahua. Hikvision on top and the new Dahua on the bottom. Look at the Unistrut holding up the stop sign for comparison. The main purpose of this camera is to guard the car door in the picture and the walkway. I have 3 cars in my driveway and I have 2 more cameras watching the other cars.

front_IP Camera5_front_20180114210513_48274080.jpg front_IP Camera2_front_20180124192031_38153660.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
After some research it looks like I need to take the camera back down and change the GMT time. Maybe "Sync to the PC". The camera is now on Hong Kong time which is GMT +8. I need Pacific time which is GMT -8. I will probably do it tomorrow. To much going on today.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Good news. It took 24 hours but the camera did reset itself to local time. Dahua has come out with a starlight version of this camera and I am anxious to buy one from Andy. The Dahua website is down and I cannot get the part number at the moment.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good news. It took 24 hours but the camera did reset itself to local time. Dahua has come out with a starlight version of this camera and I am anxious to buy one from Andy. The Dahua website is down and I cannot get the part number at the moment.
this one is starlight one, and actually speaking, this is the best starlight from dahua till now, though it's bit expensive.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi Andy

I will be buying some more cameras from you after the Chinese New Year. I have a few more cameras to be upgraded for better night vision. I really like this camera.