Cannot Change IP Address On Dahua IPC-HFW8232EP-Z

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You still want to make sure that the camera traffic is not running through the router to get to BI.

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there looney2ns. Okay, I unplugged Ethernet cable coming from the 8 port POE switch that was plugged into router. I plugged it straight into the computer running BI. All my cameras lost signal except the one that is on a single POE injector and that was still on the router. So I plugged the POE switch back into the router and took another Ethernet cable from router and plugged it into the BI computer. My cameras came back up. What am I doing wrong and what should I be doing? Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there looney2ns. Okay, I unplugged Ethernet cable coming from the 8 port POE switch that was plugged into router. I plugged it straight into the computer running BI. All my cameras lost signal except the one that is on a single POE injector and that was still on the router. So I plugged the POE switch back into the router and took another Ethernet cable from router and plugged it into the BI computer. My cameras came back up. What am I doing wrong and what should I be doing? Thanks.
Take the network cable coming from the computer, unplug it from the router, and plug it into the same switch that you have the cameras connected to.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your router should handle doing this, if it doesn't get something else.
1. Go into your router settings, there will be a section somewhere to assign a static IP via MAC address.
2. Put the MAC address and the IP you want
3. Reboot the camera, and if your router is worth anything, it will automatically assign the "static" IP you want.

Nearly everything starts as a dynamic IP for me and then I switch it to static. I have different blocks of IP's for different items, which makes it easier to set FW rules around them.

dalepa

Reaction score
Im doing a setup for a friend remotely. His network is 192.168.0.x and the Dahua is hard coded to 192.168.1.108 and no route between them. The config tool finds the cam and allows you to set the initial password, however you can't change the IP or password... You get the password error... So I'll need to go hookup a laptop on the 192.168.1 network and connect directly... Pain.

Bazzle

n3wb
Reaction score
I just had to do the same thing after a couple of wasted hours :(
Needed to reset cam
Grab old laptop with Config tool on it
Change ipV4 addy to 192.168.1.1
Initialize in Tool Box config tool
Change ip addy in Same to 192.168.0.xx
Setup in IE web page

Bazzle

jawsfree

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to initialize using the config tool and I get the following notice

"Device in other segment cannot be initialized"

My camera is connected to an poe switch which is in turn attached to an access point.

jawsfree

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to initialize using the config tool and I get the following notice

"Device in other segment cannot be initialized"

My camera is connected to an poe switch which is in turn attached to an access point.
Nevermind I finally got it to work. Looks like I had a bad cable.

jmcgraw88

n3wb
Reaction score
FWIW, I was able to get by the password error message by entering the new password for the camera into the configtool search settings. Then I could change the IP address. Seems odd, but that's what it says to do on the password change page and it worked.