Cannot connect IP cameras!

Reaction score
Here is a list of my current gear I just ordered...

Hikvision 2CD2032-I Outdoor HD 3MP IP Bullet Security Camera 4mm
Hikvision 2CD2532F-IS Compact Weatherproof Vandal Dome 3MP IP Security Camera 2.8mm W/ Built in Mic
Hikvision 2CD2432F-IW 3MP Indoor IR Wifi Cube Camera 2.8mm
Hikvision 7608NI-E2/8P 8 Channel POE Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder (Unbranded Version)
2 TB Surveillance Hard Drive for DVR, Hybrid, Or NVR
Hikvision 2CD2120F-IW Outdoor Wifi Wireless HD 2MP IP Dome Security Camera 2.8mm

When I follow the directions and plug and play the Indoor 2CD2432F-IW 3MP It seems to work just fine, It automatically pops up on mr NVR withing 1 min or 2. When connecting the 2CD2032-I Outdoor with the SAME cables by unpluging it from the indoor cam it does not work!

This is so fustrating, I seem to only be able to get that indoor camera to work. Still looking at the cables I made (seems to be just fine with the tester)

Is there something that is not in the instructions on how to get it to connect?

Reaction score
I have most all my cameras connected to the NVR and the only camera it see's and I get an image feed from is the Indoor one as listed above. All others it says they are not even connected, like nothing is even plugged in...

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you use SADP to search and find the cams? If you didnt, download it and take a screen shot of what it finds and post it here. Your in good hands just provide more info.

Ensure the cams IP's are for your network and change them to such. so if your default gateway is 192.168.1.1 you should not have a camera that has 192.168.0.1, you would need to change it to match the subnet scheme. Check the cams ip that is working and match the rest to that pattern, example 192.168.1.x
192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254

Last edited by a moderator:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A good check from @NVR.
But (depending on how new the version of SADP is) you may have to first connect to the camera with a PC/browser in order to go through the 'activation' process, ie setting the initial, strong enough, password.
Then, when you have confirmed access to the cameras via the browser, while they are still on the LAN you could as a test try adding them to the NVR.
To do this, in the web GUI you'd need to pick one of the PoE ports in Camera Management and use 'modify' as you won't be able to add, as all available channels are already configured.
Use Hikvision protocol, port=8000, IP address as you set it, password as set click OK and see if it appears in Live View.
If so, you have proven the camera will connect OK without any errors such as 'language mismatch'.

Then you should be able to connect to a PoE port.
But there is one uncertainty that I don't know the answer to - maybe others will chip in - when the PoE port is set to 'Plug & Play', user and password are greyed out, so how do you deal with a camera that has been 'activated' with a different password from the default 12345?
But one way, with a few extra steps, to deal with this would be to add the camera manually:
Pick a PoE port, select 'modify', change to 'Manual', set the camera password, protocol=Hikvision, port=8000. Note down the IP address that is assigned to the port. It will be in the range 192.168.254.x
With the camera still on the LAN, set the IP address to that of the port. Yes, you can do this with SADP even if it's on a different IP segment.
Unplug the camera from the LAN, plug into the PoE port, click 'OK' and check it appears in Live View after a couple of minutes (the camera has to boot).
That may sound a bit convoluted, but it should work.

Reaction score
Just plugged the indoor one that always worked into the NVr got the image, plugged 1 more camera in and it worked... Still troubleshooting, With 2 cameras running my SADP does not show anything other than the DVR even though I have images coming through.

OK, I must be missing something. I tried plugging the camera into the NVR (got the yellow and green lights to come on in the back) nothing...
Tried plugging it into my home router and searching in a web browser for the "standard" ip address nothing...
This is what my SADP looks like...
This is for the NVR with the NVR's Ip address.

Thanks for all your help Hopefully I can figure this out, so frustrating...

Attachments

Reaction score
Another update. Got 3 cameras to work plugging them into my home router, then into the NVR. Still cant get the others to work. I dont know why they all of a sudden started cooperating.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You really have to figure out the cams IP addresses. Check the bottom of your box or cam and see what the default ip is for the cam.

Then since you cant change it using SADP to match your network. You need to change your PC to match the cam.

Then access the cam by plugging to it directly from your machine using one Ethernet cable, and change it to match your network.

you can give it any IP as 192.168.1.150

after you change the cams IP address, ensure you go back to your network connection on your pc and change it to obtain IP automatically again, so that machine can have access back to your network.

Reaction score
You really have to figure out the cams IP addresses. Check the bottom of your box or cam and see what the default ip is for the cam.

Then since you cant change it using SADP to match your network. You need to change your PC to match the cam.

Then access the cam by plugging to it directly from your machine using one Ethernet cable, and change it to match your network.

you can give it any IP as 192.168.1.150

after you change the cams IP address, ensure you go back to your network connection on your pc and change it to obtain IP automatically again, so that machine can have access back to your network.

Is there a video on youtube to do this? Seems complicated when you say to change the IP address when you connect it via ethernet to the computer. How do I find that camera after I plug it in (typing the default ip into a web browser when plugged into the laptop??) Also do I need a strait network cable or crossover?

If it helps my NVR has IP's configured to each port (8 in total) already. I'm assuming I still need to access the camera and change the ip to one of thoes with an open ip with the NVR itself?

Thanks so much for your help NVR appreciate it im getting closer!

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is a clip for another cam but shows you clear how to change your ip to match the cam.

Search the manual to find your cameras default ip address, and with that, match your computer as per instructions below to that of the camera.

So if 192.0.0.64 then you need to change your ip on the machine to 192.0.0.65 and the subnet to 255.255.255.0 default gateway 192.0.0.1

Once done you should be able to go to a browser type the cameras address of 192.0.0.64 and log in with admin for user and 12345 for password.

Once in, change the cams ip to match your network, which im guessing is the more common 192.168.1.1 as the default, so change it to 192.168.1.50

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nelly would help you with everything.