Cannot Connect to BI Server from BI App on IOS

hughhempel

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am setting up a new system and IOS remote access is a critical capability (native app).

I have been trying for way more than an hour now to connect to my new install BI webserver from the App using the instructions provided in help... At this point, I only need LAN connections... I even purchased BI server software(registered) thinking that it was required since the APP requires a key (or appears to)...

The error message I get on my phone is HERE:
View attachment 6377

My BI Settings for webserver are HERE:
2015-11-15_2025.png

My IOS APP settings are HERE:

I have double and triple checked for typos etc...

Per threads on this forum and elsewhere I have also:
  • Set my server IP address static
  • Added a new USER on the server side with new password
  • Tested that I am able to see the webserver from both my phone (safari) and numerous computers on my LAN using most any browser.
  • I have changed my port to different options including 80, 81, 8051...
  • I have enabled/disabled the HTTPS option for LAN (confusing at best in the UI) with all possible options...
  • I have rebooted by PC... Rebooted my phone... Rebooted my brain...

My main question is what the heck am I missing and why is this so damned hard? My hope is that this is something "simple"...

My second question is can I attempt to access the server WITHOUT the "remote" (external) IP information?

Thanks a million in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@hughhempel Welcome to the forum. If you cannot connect via lan your problem is the firewall. Are you using Mcafee? Regardless, disable your firewall to test.
Also, redact you wan address in the image you posted as well as the registration info in the mobile app pic. You dont want that information online.

hughhempel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a million Fenderman! Both for the quick reply and the clear direction.
I indeed did discover it is a firewall problem (doh)...
Also redacted external IP address (although it is already relatively public)...
Thanks again!

PS: I hope that the BI developer will add the Firewall issue to both the help section and the FAQ for others to save time and frustration (albeit somewhat obvious in retrospect)...:single_eye:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks a million Fenderman! Both for the quick reply and the clear direction.
I indeed did discover it is a firewall problem (doh)...
Also redacted external IP address (although it is already relatively public)...
Thanks again!

PS: I hope that the BI developer will add the Firewall issue to both the help section and the FAQ for others to save time and frustration (albeit somewhat obvious in retrospect)...:single_eye:
Note, that it is already is detailed in the help file in both the quickstart guide and the networking section. I also deleted the IOS screenshot for you...the first and last 5 of the key would give anyone your ip address.