Cannot Display 1900x1080

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I'm having a problem and hoping someone can help me. I've tried everything I can think of.

Blue Iris will not properly display a 1900x1080 camera feed. The browser displays the camera feed image correctly but BI cuts off part of the image. I have gone to the cameras video properties and it appears that everything is set the way it should be but nothing changes no matter how its set. Am I missing something here?

I can only get full video display when running in 720 mode within BI. It's really perplexing to me!

Thanks.

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
It's actually a problem with a couple of camera's. One is a Sharx 3904 and a cheapo China cam by Netcat. These camera's work ok otherwise. No, they are not zoomed in. Thanks for your response.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually a problem with a couple of camera's. One is a Sharx 3904 and a cheapo China cam by Netcat. These camera's work ok otherwise. No, they are not zoomed in. Thanks for your response.
what resolution is blue iris reporting as the camera feed? How does the image look on the camera itself when viewing in a browser.

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
Earlier the Sharx cam would pickup that it was 1920x1080 when the signal was sent to it but the other one would not. Anyway, I didn't realize that you could manually enter the resolution in BI's video properties. I thought you had to use the drop down menu. My bad. When I enter the res manually both camera's display properly. Thanks for the help, man! Happy Holiday.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier the Sharx cam would pickup that it was 1920x1080 when the signal was sent to it but the other one would not. Anyway, I didn't realize that you could manually enter the resolution in BI's video properties. I thought you had to use the drop down menu. My bad. When I enter the res manually both camera's display properly. Thanks for the help, man! Happy Holiday.
the manual entry is meaningless...blue iris auto detects and will change it back unless you are using the anamorpfic setting which is not intended for your purpose. If the camera is sending a 1080p image, blue iris will detect and display it.

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
The browser detects it at 1080, I guess, because it shows it in the camera window. How can I tell what BI actually detects?

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what I changed and it still shows 1080p so I guess it works. Maybe it picked it up after I typed in the correct format in the size box. Whatever... it seems to be working now and that's all that matters to me. Thanks for your time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I changed and it still shows 1080p so I guess it works. Maybe it picked it up after I typed in the correct format in the size box. Whatever... it seems to be working now and that's all that matters to me. Thanks for your time.
no problem. Also remember that when you change the format in the camera, you should enable/disable the camera in blue iris, or go to camera properties and simply press ok so that it resets to the new feed..

randopolis

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I will remember that for next time. I also noticed that I had to redo my motion masks as it wiped them clean. Peace.