Cannot enable alarm notification on iVMS-4500 app (ios)

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you need to log into the camera itself under basic motion detection and toggle "notify survailence center" on or off. thats how push is turned on or off once enabled via vms.

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK. So what's the best way to log in to the camera via a mobile android device when you are outside the LAN? Via a web browser I presume which all gets quite fiddly especially for a few cameras. Its a shame you cant just turn on/off via the app.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well you shouldn-t need to disable when outside the lan? but yes via the web browser.

i agree it is a pain that notifications cant be turned off via any phone apps... the developer of tinycam monitor pro said it was too hard when i emailed him.

everytime i visit my holiday home i have tolog on and disable notifications AND email etc....real pain in the ass.

cctvbloke

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, this works. But there is no quick way to turn notifications on or off, without going through the set up procedure every time every time you want to turn on or off. PITA!
Is there an alternative app that does work?
Or is there a better fix?
I had exactly the same problem as you guys have been discussing and this fixed it for me.

In addition to having port 8000 forwarded to my HIK camera; as a last resort I tried forwarding port 80 to it. This immediately allowed me to turn alarm notifications on/off.
To check this wasn't a fluke chance I then disabled the port 80 rule and I could no longer set alarm notifications on/off. Turned the port 80 rule on again and it works again.

So, it seems HIK use port 80 to control the setting of alarm notifications. The down side to this is that you'll get loads of plebs trying to hack your camera, as it's now a lot more visible on the Internet (set the camera to notify you via email (or whatever) of illegal log in attempts and see what I mean!

Cheers Martin

benali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, just having a look into this again. (iVMS-4500 Android).
Is anyone able to successfully turn the alarm push notifications on/off whilst away from home. Just getting connection failed.
Cameras are setup using IP/domain address, is a HiDDNS any better?
Notify Surveillance Center is ticked in the camera setup.
Ports 80, 554 and 8000 are forwarded on my router.
Any ideas or is there a better android app to give notifications which can easily be turned on or off?

Budgey

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem as you guys have been discussing and this fixed it for me.

In addition to having port 8000 forwarded to my HIK camera; as a last resort I tried forwarding port 80 to it. This immediately allowed me to turn alarm notifications on/off.
To check this wasn't a fluke chance I then disabled the port 80 rule and I could no longer set alarm notifications on/off. Turned the port 80 rule on again and it works again.

So, it seems HIK use port 80 to control the setting of alarm notifications. The down side to this is that you'll get loads of plebs trying to hack your camera, as it's now a lot more visible on the Internet (set the camera to notify you via email (or whatever) of illegal log in attempts and see what I mean!

Cheers Martin
Hi Martin. I've been having this problem, so I followed what you did and temporarily forwarded port 80 to my camera and was able to turn the notification on straight away - crazy! Anyway, it's all working fine now, so i'm happy. Thanks for your post, it was very useful!

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So once I forward port 80, turn it on, I can unforward port 80 and it will continue to work? Can't seem to get any notifications despite being "on"

I checked and made sure "Notify Survillance Centre" is on

Thanks

Last edited:

lightrack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem with my both Hikvision IP cameras. I tried all advices above (on iOS and Android), no luck. I get push notifications of Hikvision cameras inside local network only. It is a pity because I get push notifications of a Dahua IP cam anywhere. The Dahua IP camera and both Hikvision IP cameras are in the same network, have the same DNS, a router has a white IP address ...

lightrack

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have the same problem with my both Hikvision IP cameras. I tried all advices above (on iOS and Android), no luck. I get push notifications of Hikvision cameras inside local network only. It is a pity because I get push notifications of a Dahua IP cam anywhere. The Dahua IP camera and both Hikvision IP cameras are in the same network, have the same DNS, a router has a white IP address ...
Finally, I did it :)

There are links that helped me to get push notification outside the local network:
1) Section "2. In each camera": Set up Alarm Push Notifications for your Hikvision IP Camera or NVR - VueVille
2) Cannot enable alarm notification on iVMS-4500 app (ios)

nexusspy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
The solution described seems to not work for me.
I have turned on the push notifications in IVMS 4520 or 4500 or HD variants but I'm not getting any notifications in my huawei P10 phone.
This hapen after I have changed my router from an old one in which everything works fine ( DLINK DL 524 ) with a newer one (ASUS RT-AC 1200G+) , with all settings as the ones present in DLINK.
As an extreme solution I also have tried DMZ with no success, after configuring virtual server to ports 80, 554, 443, 8000.
My NVR is DS7604.
More solutions ?
Thanks in advance !

imagio

n3wb
Reaction score
It looks like iVMS-4500 absolutely must be able to access a cameras on port 80 in order to turn on alarms or edit the camera configuration. There must be some way around this because it makes no sense. I could easily forward a WAN port to port 80 on my camera but I don't see a way to specify multiple ports when setting up a camera. It seems like port 80 is hardcoded. This means that setting up the camera with your LAN address, turning the setting on, then changing it back to WAN address seems to work but then you are locked out of changing the settings afterwards. Has anybody found a way around this yet?

antonio1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This sequence helped me today to get it enabled on a camera that would not enable formerly. I tested it and I now get PIR and Motion Detection Push Notifications on the wider internet.

Hope this solves some peoples issues - as there's lots of interest in these topics e.g. 1000+ views.
DONT FORGET the "thanks" if it works I've got none so far. :) PS notice I've got a few since I last logged in.
Your idea is good, I will try it as soon as I'm home, but it is not normal for the iVMS-4500 application. Why it is not possible to set this ON as soon as the DVR is accessible and cameras works over internet? What you are saying is a trick for cheating the iVMS-4500 software which seems to be stupid in this way.
Thank you,

antonio1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like iVMS-4500 absolutely must be able to access a cameras on port 80 in order to turn on alarms or edit the camera configuration. There must be some way around this because it makes no sense. I could easily forward a WAN port to port 80 on my camera but I don't see a way to specify multiple ports when setting up a camera. It seems like port 80 is hardcoded. This means that setting up the camera with your LAN address, turning the setting on, then changing it back to WAN address seems to work but then you are locked out of changing the settings afterwards. Has anybody found a way around this yet?
Port 80 is another problem discovered by me lately. I used port forwarding to port 80 for one year with success using iVMS-4500, but since a month ago this port 80 does not work anymore for iVMS-4500 access even if I did the test locally in LAN with no port forwarding. The port 8000 works great but port 80 does not work anymore, maybe this is the cause of the problem of activation "Alarm Notification" from internet use, because I'm not using port 80 anymore.

antonio1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tested, this is a bug, I have to contact hikvision for correction. I set the local IP and I activated the alarm notification then I changed to internet IP. I tried to deactivate the alarm notification and it worked well but then I tried again to activate alarm notification and is telling me that the device does not support this function. Again I set local to activate the function and then I tried to move in front of camera to see if notification works, but nothing. So even if the alarm notification is activated the function does not work. I mention that I used this alarm notification for one year without any problem, it seems that some software upgrade generated the problem, maybe iVMS-4500 software or DVR firmware software.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont know why Hikvision cant regression test such simple features as push notifications.

Their incompetance is shocking.

Yes one way I found to enable push notify on the devices was to change ivms to a local lan ip address and enable it on the Lan when I was there. Wrote this in this forum or another I forget which.

Then I converted all my ivms ip address back to dynamic dns. That was to enable it.

I seem to be able to via ivms and "Remote Configuration" toggle/ turn off Motion Line and Intruder detection.

BUT I am VPN into my local network and so its like I was there rather than port forward which you should no longer be using due to security hacks and hikvision backdoor vunerability.

The other catch for me I found as getting the ivms device to "turn" push notifications on would fail with "device does not support this function", this was because my ivms uses a user name that I had not enabled for configuration changes to reduce my liability for over the internet communication.

Once I gave the user the permission it could be enabled.