Cannot Find Camera Associated with Clip

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ETS_FTW, Jul 15, 2019.

Share This Page

  1. ETS_FTW

    ETS_FTW n3wb

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I am having trouble with viewing clips in UI3. *Please know I felt like I did search thoroughly for an answer, and have not found one that seems to solve the issue*

    I select the clips tab at the top, I see the thumbnails with their timestamps on the left, but when I click to view I receive the error in the attached screenshot. The clips are indeed being recorded. I can go into the main console, find a clip and view it. This only seems to be in the Web Viewer.

    Cameras are recording D2D in BVR format. Cameras are set to H.264. I have removed and readded the camera to no avail. Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. IAmATeaf

    IAmATeaf Getting comfortable

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2019
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    318
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Have you checked on the server in your new stored folder to see if that clip actually exists?
     
    ETS_FTW likes this.
  3. ETS_FTW

    ETS_FTW n3wb

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    It does exist, yes. But it looks like I may have found the issue.

    When using a custom naming convention, it still makes you put &CAM. or .&CAM in the string. That does NOT seem to translate to the Web Viewer, that does not attached that portion of the string, so it thinks its not there.

    If anyone squashing bugs cares, I can provide screen shots offline.

    Thanks for the extra step Teaf.
     
  4. IAmATeaf

    IAmATeaf Getting comfortable

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2019
    Messages:
    673
    Likes Received:
    318
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Post your findings on the UI3 thread, @bp2008 should visit the thread as soon as.
     
  5. bp2008

    bp2008 Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    8,918
    Likes Received:
    6,057
    Interesting. I am not sure what you mean about the custom naming convention. Can you provide specific steps I can use to reproduce this problem?
     
  6. ETS_FTW

    ETS_FTW n3wb

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Absolutely. See attached. When I insert add'l text to make it custom, like say, Front_Door, I have to lead or end the name with &CAM. or .&CAM (per the message that comes up if I don't do that). That string doesn't seem to translate into whatever variable its referring to, and ends up as part of the file name.

    When trying to view a clip from that camera in the web viewer, the thumbnail for the clip will show up, but when you try and play it, I will get the error referenced in the OP. This is not the case from the main console, that does play the clip.

    Wordy, I know. My apologies...
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  7. bp2008

    bp2008 Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    8,918
    Likes Received:
    6,057
    I tried to reproduce this problem by configuring a camera's record options like this:

    [​IMG]

    Then I manually triggered it. The file name appeared as expected with the camera name in it.

    The clip plays fine in UI3.

    Something is missing here.
     
  8. ETS_FTW

    ETS_FTW n3wb

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2019
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    I believe you . The only thing I did differently is put ".&CAM" at the end, and "TEST_" at the beginning. That must be my error.
     
  9. bp2008

    bp2008 Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    8,918
    Likes Received:
    6,057
    I will try that next time I have a moment.
     
  10. bp2008

    bp2008 Staff Member

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2014
    Messages:
    8,918
    Likes Received:
    6,057
    I reproduced this bug and reported it to BI support late Monday night. I haven't heard back yet, but expect it will be fixed soon one way or another. Maybe fixed already, even. I haven't tested again.
     
    looney2ns and fenderman like this.