Cannot Find Camera Associated with Clip

ETS_FTW

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having trouble with viewing clips in UI3. *Please know I felt like I did search thoroughly for an answer, and have not found one that seems to solve the issue*

I select the clips tab at the top, I see the thumbnails with their timestamps on the left, but when I click to view I receive the error in the attached screenshot. The clips are indeed being recorded. I can go into the main console, find a clip and view it. This only seems to be in the Web Viewer.

Cameras are recording D2D in BVR format. Cameras are set to H.264. I have removed and readded the camera to no avail. Any help here would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

ETS_FTW

n3wb
Reaction score
It does exist, yes. But it looks like I may have found the issue.

When using a custom naming convention, it still makes you put &CAM. or .&CAM in the string. That does NOT seem to translate to the Web Viewer, that does not attached that portion of the string, so it thinks its not there.

If anyone squashing bugs cares, I can provide screen shots offline.

Thanks for the extra step Teaf.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. I am not sure what you mean about the custom naming convention. Can you provide specific steps I can use to reproduce this problem?

ETS_FTW

n3wb
Reaction score
Absolutely. See attached. When I insert add'l text to make it custom, like say, Front_Door, I have to lead or end the name with &CAM. or .&CAM (per the message that comes up if I don't do that). That string doesn't seem to translate into whatever variable its referring to, and ends up as part of the file name.

When trying to view a clip from that camera in the web viewer, the thumbnail for the clip will show up, but when you try and play it, I will get the error referenced in the OP. This is not the case from the main console, that does play the clip.

Wordy, I know. My apologies...

Attachments

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to reproduce this problem by configuring a camera's record options like this:

Then I manually triggered it. The file name appeared as expected with the camera name in it.

The clip plays fine in UI3.

Something is missing here.

ETS_FTW

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe you . The only thing I did differently is put ".&CAM" at the end, and "TEST_" at the beginning. That must be my error.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I reproduced this bug and reported it to BI support late Monday night. I haven't heard back yet, but expect it will be fixed soon one way or another. Maybe fixed already, even. I haven't tested again.