Cannot get BI app to connect remotely

CVS

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings,
I purchase blue iris software and the ios app. I can access locally no problem. I can access from a PC remotely also with no issues; however, I cannot seem to access remotely with the app. Please help.
thanks

-Set my server IP address static

-Tested that I am able to see the webserver from both my phone (safari) and numerous computers on my LAN
-Tested that I am able to see the webserver from both my phone (safari) and PC remotely
-firewall is not blocking port

Not sure what I am doing wrong.Please help.thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,
I purchase blue iris software and the ios app. I can access locally no problem. I can access from a PC remotely also with no issues; however, I cannot seem to access remotely with the app. Please help.
thanks

-Set my server IP address static

-Tested that I am able to see the webserver from both my phone (safari) and numerous computers on my LAN
-Tested that I am able to see the webserver from both my phone (safari) and PC remotely
-firewall is not blocking port

Not sure what I am doing wrong.Please help.thanks
Welcome to the forum...have you entered the lan and wan addresses on your phone correctly? With the port number after the ip address?

CVS

n3wb
Reaction score
The lan and wan addresses is correct. The lan and wan addresses with ip number works fine with web browser. I am assuming that the app pull that information from the BI server, since I cannot check and input that information into the app manually. I also notice that the version on my PC is 4.2.7.1 w32. when I click update, it said that software is up to date. I believe the latest version is 4.4.1.3. Can this be the problem? How can I get my PC software to update?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The lan and wan addresses is correct. The lan and wan addresses with ip number works fine with web browser. I am assuming that the app pull that information from the BI server, since I cannot check and input that information into the app manually. I also notice that the version on my PC is 4.2.7.1 w32. when I click update, it said that software is up to date. I believe the latest version is 4.4.1.3. Can this be the problem? How can I get my PC software to update?
Go to the blue iris website and download the 32bit update and manually run it...
You can certainly manually enter the correct ip address in the app as well.

CVS

n3wb
Reaction score
I download the 32bit update and manually run it, however I am getting a blue iris system error when it try to execute. It said that VCP120.dll is missing try reinstalling the program. I reinstall the program twice and get the same error. Is it possible that the CD that was sent to me is bad? If I download a new install from the BI website will my registration and license still be valid or do I have to make a new purchase?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I download the 32bit update and manually run it, however I am getting a blue iris system error when it try to execute. It said that VCP120.dll is missing try reinstalling the program. I reinstall the program twice and get the same error. Is it possible that the CD that was sent to me is bad? If I download a new install from the BI website will my registration and license still be valid or do I have to make a new purchase?
Dont use the cd....download the full program from the blue iris website....

CVS

n3wb
Reaction score
The new install work. I am up and running. must have been the cd. thanks