Cannot get clips to move to NAS

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Blue Iris running and would like to store clips older than 7 days to a NAS folder. The first 7 days are stored on a local Raid 1 SSD drive. After 7 days they are moved to a NAS drive until 30 days. After 30 days I would like them to move to an Archive folder on the same NAS and when the disk becomes full to delete the oldest. Problem is I cannot get any clips to save to the NAS.

I am running windows 8.1 Pro set to auto login (no username/password is required). This is intentional just in case the power cuts, the system will restart and login when the power comes back.

I have a Synology disk station DS414 set to Raid 10. I have 4 SSD drives that are 6TBs each total folder storage is 10.8 TBs. Please see the images below

Blue Iris is set to run as a service as I want this always running just in case of power loss. See my settings below

2015-12-15_1132.png2015-12-15_1132_001.png2015-12-15_1133.png

I also have 10.8 TB on my NAS and as can be seen in the images, yet I am only requesting 10TB be used yet Blue Iris tells me I am over my limit

2015-12-15_1136.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Is it a permissions issue?

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
try checking the box to not monitor for free space. Also, test by creating an archive folder on the local drive and verify things work that way. That will help you narrow things down. Do you have permissions locked down on your Synology? BlueIris is running under the local System account when it's running as a service.

Reactions: ssa

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
If I check the box to not monitor free space and the Archive folder reaches its max how will the system know to delete the oldest?

I created the archive folder on the local disk and it is working fine so I believe the issue is Blue Iris speaking to the NAS. I have no problems accessing the NAS through file explorer without a username/password but BI will not speak to it.

I also have the BI running under the local system account, see below
2015-12-15_1437.png

Last edited by a moderator:

typo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know I have enough storage, so I don't need to monitor for space. I suggested that as just a test to eliminate that as something BI might not like with your NAS. I have it set to move to my Drobo NAS, so the SMB UNC convention is fine for Blue Iris. You might want to do a simple test - create a scheduled task that runs as the system account that just runs a bat file that creates a dummy file to the Archive share. If that fails, then that's the issue. If it works, then yeah...hopefully someone else can help...

ssa

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.