Cannot get IP camera to work

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I did a factory restore on my HiLook NVR. However, it looks as though something has happened to the IP addresses on the cameras. I cannot get any of the cameras to work. If you look at the screenshot of SADP Then the third camera in the list is a HikVision POE dome camera. At the moment I got it plugged into a POE injector so I can see the IP address. However, it's rendering a strange IP address and I think this is the problem. Also, it's not showing the gateway in the information to the right. Does anyone know what's going on? Oh, I should add that I don't seem to be able to get into the settings because it won't recognise the password. I've tried resetting the password, but it keeps getting rejected.

Attachments

Reaction score
I did a factory restore on my HiLook NVR. However, it looks as though something has happened to the IP addresses on the cameras. I cannot get any of the cameras to work. If you look at the screenshot of SADP Then the third camera in the list is a HikVision POE dome camera. At the moment I got it plugged into a POE injector so I can see the IP address. However, it's rendering a strange IP address and I think this is the problem. Also, it's not showing the gateway in the information to the right. Does anyone know what's going on? Oh, I should add that I don't seem to be able to get into the settings because it won't recognise the password. I've tried resetting the password, but it keeps getting rejected.
you have to use SADP to change that ip for that camera to an unused one on that network like 192.168.1.203 than save it

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't log into the camera because it's not recognising any of the passwords I have used. Normally, if you put the IP address of the camera into your browser then you can log into. However, when I enter in 192.168.254.8 I get a page not found.

Reaction score
I can't log into the camera because it's not recognising any of the passwords I have used. Normally, if you put the IP address of the camera into your browser then you can log into. However, when I enter in 192.168.254.8 I get a page not found.

you have to do it through the SADP tool, place a tic in the box next to the camera and when you hit save you have to enter your user and password before it saves the changes

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is listed in SADP. However, when I checked the little box on the left, the "gateway" field only has zeros in it. Entering in a password doesn't work.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm very tempted to purchase another IP camera just to troubleshoot this problem. If I buy a brand-new IP camera which works as soon as I connect it to the box than I know that it's definitely a problem with the cameras themselves. I have sent an XML code to support and I'm hoping that they will reissue me with a new password. Whether that will sort the problem out will be something we will have to wait and see.

Reaction score
your gateway should be 192.168.1.1
the subnet should be 255.255.255.0
set your camera ip to 192.168.1.223

when you try to set your 192.168.254.*** that is not inside your network

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guessing here you reset the NVR to defaults because you didn’t know the current password.
Don’t have a HiLook recorder or cameras but assuming they are similar to Hikvision gear can you open a camera management page as per the attached image.

1. If so one of the D* ports should have a IP address of 192.168.254.8
If not move to item 2 and modify any port to 192.168.254.8 using the manual setting.
Connect your IPC-D121H-M camera to that POE port on the back of the recorder.
If new NVR password is the same before resetting NVR to defaults the camera will connect.Camera IP.JPG

2. If not use the Modify button for that POE port and change the plug and play setting to manual and try all off your known password. Don’t go to fast between attempts as the camera needs time to reconnect. After six attempts the camera will lock you out. Just unplug it from the NVR port reconnect and start again.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know,. Even setting the NVR back to factory default doesn't make any difference. I just can't get the cameras to work. I go through the whole setup to the point where I search for a camera that I plug them, but it can't find any cameras. It is listing an IP camera that is on the network but not plugged into the box itself. I even purchased a brand-new camera which I initially plugged into an injector and then activated it using SADP. I have convinced myself that everything would fall into place if I started a fresh with a brand-new camera that I had set the password myself. But even with this camera. The box won't find. In fact, when I sat the camera are. It was assigned exactly the same IP address as the NVR, which are then caused an IP conflict. That's why I did a factory default. I think I'm just going to have to pay someone to come in and sort it all out for me. It's got to the point where I don't really know where to go from here. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I first purchased my HiLook NVR I just plugged the cameras into the box. I have a sneaky feeling that the cameras have taken on the NVR password. Am I correct in saying that if you restore an NVR back to factory settings, then you have got to do the same with the IP camera before they will work?

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have convinced myself that everything would fall into place if I started a fresh with a brand-new camera that I had set the password myself. But even with this camera. The box won't find. In fact, when I sat the camera are. It was assigned exactly the same IP address as the NVR
My last post was for the 192.168.254.8 camera which you need the password the camera had before you reset the NVR to defaults.

This is only for the new camera which you know the password for and activate via a POE injector. Set it up the same way again connected to your router.
Open your NVR camera management page and set one of the channels as per the attached image.
Settings are IP 192.168.1.123
User name admin
Password the one you used to activate it.
Adding methods Manual

Your screen will be similar to the image.
If it connects this way I will discuses how to move it to the POE ports at back of NVR.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you have a look at the attached image. You will see I have checked the box next to one of my hikvision bullet cameras. I should add that this is one of the cameras that I don't know the password to. It is plugged directly into a POE injector into my network. But you will see it's got a weird IP address and also the gateway field is empty. I can't understand why this is happening.

Attachments

dgwasw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That camera has the address still when it was plug in to the back of NVR.
Plug it into a POE port on the back of the NVR. Connect a PC to a spare POE at the back of the NVR and rerun SADP report .
Post the Image so we can see the results. I also need to know what the IP address is for the POE port the camera is connected to from the NVR camera management web page.

Ironside69

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That camera has the address still when it was plug in to the back of NVR.
Plug it into a POE port on the back of the NVR. Connect a PC to a spare POE at the back of the NVR and rerun SADP report .
Post the Image so we can see the results. I also need to know what the IP address is for the POE port the camera is connected to from the NVR camera management web page.
Sorry, I don't have my NVR here at the moment. A friend of mine took it last night to see if he can get the cameras to work. HikVision are a waste of time. I sent a request for a new password and they got back to me asking for various bits of information. That was yesterday morning and I still haven't heard anything back. I have got various cameras that will all need resetting. If I can't reset them then they are only fit for the bin.

What I can't understand is why this camera won't accept the password I used originally on the NVR. With hindsight, I wish now I had bought CCTV cameras that had a reset button built into them. Having to request a reset password is extremely inconvenient.