Cannot install Smart PSS -- no "Next" button visible

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
I am installing my first wired camera system. When trying to install SmartPSS, the first page of the installation process comes up, but the window displays no "Next" or "Cancel" buttons. I see such buttons on the corresponding page of the instructions at SmartPSS/Install Smart PSS - Dahua Wiki , but these buttons are not visible in the first screen of my installation process. There is no way to advance. Attached is a screen shot.

Any suggestions?

I am running Windows 8.1, and I see this problem with both versions DH_SmartPSS_International_IS_V1.13.1.R.20160504 and 483223_dh_smartpss_en_is_v1.16.1.r.20170220.

Thanks.

Attachments

RMatt

n3wb
Reaction score
If it was zipped, have you fully extracted it first?
This is the latest version: https://dahuawiki.com/images/Software/SmartPSS/20170802031724_dhsmartpsschnengwin32isv2.01.0.t.170724.zip
Thanks for the link to the latest version. That installed smoothly.

Yes, I extracted the executables on the earlier versions. It was an odd problem. The executable obviously launched, as the window came up with nearly identical contents to the installation tutorial. The only things missing were the buttons that should have been at the bottom of the window. I suspect some programming error that specified window dimensions too small to accommodate the contents, and without enabling sliders.

Thank you again for solving my problem.

wilddog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How about display settings under Windows, "Scale and layout", is that set to 100%

Don't exactly recall 8.1, IIRC It was similar to 10 in that regard?

If set higher than that might be cutting the bottom of that window off?

wilddog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How about display settings under Windows, "Scale and layout", is that set to 100%

Don't exactly recall 8.1, IIRC It was similar to 10 in that regard?

If set higher than that might be cutting the bottom of that window off?
thanks that did it.