Cannot remove Macro Overlay

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi as the title suggests
I have included a screenshot of the overlays.
Camera 1 top left.

I am happy with the one bottom centre but in middle of screen the green temperature one will not delete.
I have looked at the help file and the hand gesture will not come up for me to delete it.
The other Macro I created (centre bottom) can be moved, coloured etc.
When I look in Blue Iris Macros
I have %1 %2 %3 showing only and also in tools I only have the 3 marked.
I have Pmed Mike about it, but I am on a different timezone and he may be snoozing LOL
Its more damn annoying than anything else.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Currently I have deleted all Macros and the green and white ovelays are gone, but If I try to add for example Temp to %1 and follow the process the green temp shows up in middle of screen again (can not be moved etc) and also the one in middle bottom which I can still move, colour etc

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to move the Macro in Blue Iris itself, not in Blue Iris Tools. Check out the FAQ thread, it has some pictures there :)

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have to move the Macro in Blue Iris itself, not in Blue Iris Tools. Check out the FAQ thread, it has some pictures there :)
That is the strange thing Mike. I removed the Macro in Blue Iris but it continues to show up when I add the Tools Macro.

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What I mean is, I have deleted the Macros from Blue Iris completely but it still shows up when I redo thee Macros in tools.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to delete and move them in Blue Iris, not Blue Iris Tools.

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Screenshot 2015-11-01 08.03.05.png I ended up with this solution, I left %1 blank and just did Macros %2 %3 Happy with result No amount of deleting, moving etc in Blue Iris would get rid of the Green Temperature Overlay without me leaving %1 blank.
I cleared and double cleared the overlays in Blue Iris Video and in the Macros section, yet the green Temperature over lay kept appearing, so my solution finally got a result.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 6031 I ended up with this solution, I left %1 blank and just did Macros %2 %3 Happy with result No amount of deleting, moving etc in Blue Iris would get rid of the Green Temperature Overlay without me leaving %1 blank.
I cleared and double cleared the overlays in Blue Iris Video and in the Macros section, yet the green Temperature over lay kept appearing, so my solution finally got a result.
You can also simply delete the camera and add it again. In blue iris, you have to click on the overlay precisely to delete it.

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As I said above, I cannot click on the green overlay at all the hand does not show, only the red one. The green one is some form of ghost LOL

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As usual, U guys were right, I deleted the camera and reinstalled and that ghost green temperature overlay was gone for good.
Here is my current overlay, very happy. I am just continually astounded by you guys with Blue Iris/Blue Iris Tools. I cannot give you enough accolades.:redface-new:
Screenshot 2015-11-01 12.48.56.png

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As usual, U guys were right, I deleted the camera and reinstalled and that ghost green temperature overlay was gone for good.
Here is my current overlay, very happy. I am just continually astounded by you guys with Blue Iris/Blue Iris Tools. I cannot give you enough accolades.:redface-new:
View attachment 6033
Hi Gray, I have the same issue, so the solution was to delete the camera, reinstall it and then you did nor didn't use the macro 1. Also did you set it up in BI and BIT?Thanks in advance

Gray Connolly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I cannot recall now but it would be best to start afresh by deleting camera reinstalling it and make the new macro.

cdtek101

n3wb
Reaction score
Had this happen to me last night I just kept clicking all around it in middle of screen and it finally showed the boxes around it so I was able to re-size and move it to side.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a Blue Iris thing. You have to click the right spot within Blue Iris to select the macro. It may take a minute or so, but you will end up getting it.