Cannot reset password from default on 2CD2342WD-I, 5.4.1, 160525

johnsjets2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I am a home user trying to reset the password from default.
The camera had been previously set with a user password, however the camera seems to have reset itself to the default password. We recently had an extended power outage here in the northeast, so I don't know if that might have been the cause. I tried contacting tech support, but they said that since the camera was purchased in the grey market they would not support it. I tried using the reset tool posted here on the forum, but it didn't work. Sadp does not have a user reset option nor can I change it in the web browser.
Would appreciate any help.
Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the camera seems to have reset itself to the default password.
There is no default password on that firmware version. The factory default state is 'Inactive'.
The SADP status will show Active or Inactive - what does it show?
If connected to an NVR, try the NVR password, if Plug&Play has captured the camera when in an Inactive state.

johnsjets2

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no default password on that firmware version. The factory default state is 'Inactive'.
The SADP status will show Active or Inactive - what does it show?
If connected to an NVR, try the NVR password, if Plug&Play has captured the camera when in an Inactive state.
The security status shows as "active" and the camera will only respond to the default password.
Not connected to NVR.