Cannot update with web interface

peku33

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

I've got 3x 2132 cameras from 2 different selleres.

I've successfully updated one from first seller, but I'm not able to perform the update on remaining two.

The problem is that the window to choose the update file is not showing at all. I tried several browsers etc, but it seems to be blocked.

How can I update my camera?

Thanks in advance

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there

Make sure the web plugin (Web Components) is running. If you are sure it is, perhaps remove from Programs and reinstall by logging in to the camera again.

peku33

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I will give it a try, but why on one camera I can click the button and on the second I cannot?
They are both connected to the same network, I've got them opened in two tabs of the same browser...

Is there any other way to perform update (without web interface)?

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are they the same firmware version?

If they are - then it's not a problem with the web plugin (assuming that you've told the browser it was OK to run the plugin on both cams if you were asked)

peku33

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, they are all 5.2.0, the same build number.
I came out with this problem while I was trying to copy configuration of one camera to the others.
While I was able to save and load config on one, I was not able to click 'Browse' button on the others.

Can I update (maybe restoring original firmware will help, since they come from chineese market) them using tftp or something like that?

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes - but I still think it's plugin related. The browse part happens in the plugin which is running on your PC.

If you were using browse and then the camera came back with an error - then that might be a firmware problem.

But you've said it's fine on one cam and not the other using the same PC even with different browsers - so maybe it is something to do with the web pages on the camera and a firmware reload would help.

peku33

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I found a solution.

It was a browser problem.

By default firefox blocks all plugins. I enabled it for one of cameras but not for the others.
Right now everything is ok.

Thanks for help.

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:)

Glad to hear it. $1million to my PayPal please :p