Cannot Update?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I cannot update Blue Iris. The release date on my copy is 5.3.5.12 (January 5, 2021), but the latest release date that I see when I do a Google search is 5.3.9.15 (March 16, 2021) I keep getting emails notifying me of a new release, but it will not download when I try. Any thoughts?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
You will need to open that fat wallet if you want further updates I'm afraid. So much time and effort is put into the updates it's well worth the little money asked to keep us all up to date and protected.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will need to open that fat wallet if you want further updates I'm afraid and it is well worth it the effort that goes into the updates which is regular.
That may or may not be the issue - he said it will not update - it would update and then say demo if he was out of the purchase window....

He needs to close Blue Iris and pull the latest version from the Blue Iris website and install it that way. Some of the newer versions will not install as part of the typical way it can be installed within Blue Iris...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the BI about screen If the expires date is early than today, you no longer have support or upgrades.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
That may or may not be the issue - he said it will not update - it would update and then say demo if he was out of the purchase window....

He needs to close Blue Iris and pull the latest version from the Blue Iris website and install it that way. Some of the newer versions will not install as part of the typical way it can be installed within Blue Iris...
I was thinking his support level has come to an end - Expired?

Blue Iris Extended Support and MaintenanceunlimitedEvery 12 months35.94 USD

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking his support level has come to an end - Expired?

Blue Iris Extended Support and MaintenanceunlimitedEvery 12 months35.94 USD

Yeah, it could be both, but we have many posts here where someone comes and mentions they updated and then it shows as evaluation copy because they are past the expiration date - the OP hasn't got that far yet based on his post. Unless a more recent update even prevents that from happening past the expiration date?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, it could be both, but we have many posts here where someone comes and mentions they updated and then it shows as evaluation copy because they are past the expiration date - the OP hasn't got that far yet based on his post. Unless a more recent update even prevents that from happening past the expiration date?
I read his post different to you Wittaj as in he needed to Extend his Support and maintenance package which was pointed out by SouthernYankee at the same time.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You will need to open that fat wallet if you want further updates I'm afraid. So much time and effort is put into the updates it's well worth the little money asked to keep us all up to date and protected.
Il

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased the new Blue Iris. I have no problem paying more because I think the program is fabulous. However, I didn’t know that I had to pay for updates. Where do I do that?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased the new Blue Iris. I have no problem paying more because I think the program is fabulous. However, I didn’t know that I had to pay for updates. Where do I do that?
When did you purchase - you get updates for a year and then afterwards use the extended support option within Blue Iris?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Yes

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I purchased Blue Iris 5. I am not “cheap” as some seem to like to assume. Hell, I would gladly pay a thousand dollars for this fabulous program. My concern is that I was able to download updates, and that option suddenly stopped.

Reaction score
Before spending more cash, make sure you are past the Support Level Expiration date. If so, then click the upgrade/renew. If not then if clicking Check for news and updates will not install for you, then as @bp2008 has stated you can try to update manually from the link he posted above.

Realize that he latest stable version is 5.3.8.17

1616112399509.png