Cannot use SMTP on my Dahua IPC-HDBW4331R-as

mp3lll

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All.

Thanks for your help, i'm try to config my IPC-HDBW4331R-as to get SMTP email for Morion detect.

But the SMTP did not working, i try ti use Google and MY isp still the test not pass.

what can i do in order to resolve it? as for now i do not know if someone come to me or not

Thanks!

MP

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you gone into your google account and allowed third party apps? Google blocks SMTP by default. Google or search on this forum is your friend.

mp3lll

n3wb
Reaction score
Helo Square.

yes, i'M Enable this via google but still did not working
Allow less secure apps: ON

but still that not working, what i miss :(

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No typo's in the smtp server? are you using correct smtp server?
You can try to ping the smtp server via the command prompt and see if ICMP packets are are returned. (Not all smtp serves are responding to ICMP packets) But you can try.

Is your account valid? Maybe locked out.

It should be quite easy to setup the smtp server. ;)

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To who do you send?

You have to specify a receiver. Type your email address and click the "+" button.

mp3lll

n3wb
Reaction score
No!!! This is the issue? how i miss it?
Big Thanks marigo!

Now i will get email for every Motion :)

My i ask one more help? as i see i get email for evey Motion ( from cat) can i do something?)

marigo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try to setup tripwires via IVS under event.

I prefer IVS more then motion detect and it works great.

I set a filter on my email server to filter out the start and stop event and only see the snapshot that is made.

Try to play with the tripwire function. :)

mp3lll

n3wb
Reaction score
i will try to play with this, i try to use it and after tap draw rule - i get Please draw now, but on screen i cannot draw.

Reaction score
Same problem. I'm having a heck of a time trying to get my Dahua email notification to work for my DN-IPC-HFW1320s. I followed all the steps in this discussion - google-allow third party apps, port 465, enter mail receiver, hit plus, then save, but I only get failed connections. I tested my settings by getting Thunderbird and entering all the same information - works like a charm! I tried to set up using yahoo and then att since I have att uverse. Those didn't work either, but I did get quite a few health alert emails when I set everything up for att! I'm confounded. Any help you can give, I'd appreciate it. I know, it should be easy!

Reaction score
I didn't realize that I needed to switch to TLS with port 587. But, still doesn't do the trick!

Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestions. It is working now - for how long, I don't know! As indicated by my initial request for help, I had done something to make email alerts sort of work for a short time (I received health alerts - which stopped abruptly). It turns out that I had switched from static mode to DHCP. What seems to work now is setting everything up for gmail or even att with static mode and the correct DNS server and alternate server. With the SMTP page all set up for gmail or att, I try the email test and it fails. I then switch to DHCP, log out and then in again (once I figure out what the IP address has changed to) and then the email test works! In the mean time, looking at the TCP/IP page, I find that the preferred DNS server has changed to 192.168.1.254 and the alternate is 1.0.0.1! So, I seem to be up and running as long as I follow this exotic ritual, but for how long, I don't know. Anybody have a clue as to what this is all about? Thanks for any help.