Cannot view Cameras remotley any longer

kdreger

n3wb
Reaction score
We have a security system for our front gate in the community, it is about 1 year old now and it has been working fine. It has a dedicated ip address and is on a NVR302-16Q platform with 16 BNC cameras attached at various lengths along the front entrance. We have used Internet Explorer and the product EF-Browser from the vendor up until a week ago. At that point the system was not accessed for over a month at least by our security person. Access is done remotely to the dedicated IP address with the EF-Browser or Internet explorer. Now we are getting these 2 error messages after we log into the system remotely via IE or the EF tool. The error I think is a plugin issue that we had last year but was resolved and now it seems to have raised its ugly head again maybe but with another factor. I can get into the system from the admin panel but when I try to click ANY active camera it shows Failed to start Live view. And when trying to perform a playback on any camera it shows an error of Operation Failed.failedtostartliview.JPG

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
the Q in the nomenclature. hopefully not a Q-see product Looks like a UNiview screenshot.
Internet explorer is getting the WWF Smackdown like a Red Headed stepchild. If the web isn't supporting IE, it could be Microsoft fucking with IE 11. ?/??

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you're exposing this NVR directly to the internet? Either it's been hacked and is now part of a botnet or you're just having issues with browsers that are always updating and devices that never do.
On the plus side if it hasn't been hacked yet it surely will be.

kdreger

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here!

:confused:

Anybody have a solution?
Yep, that is the stupid error message! Look at your IP addressing under DHCP on your router! Make sure you have a lot of them. I didn't and had to add in more which fixed the issue. wwsdhcp.JPG

kdreger

n3wb
Reaction score
the Q in the nomenclature. hopefully not a Q-see product Looks like a UNiview screenshot.
Internet explorer is getting the WWF Smackdown like a Red Headed stepchild. If the web isn't supporting IE, it could be Microsoft fucking with IE 11. ?/??
My issue was on a EFBrowser tool, the NVR we have does not allow a regular browser to access it without a special program which is not obsolete...EFBrowser is the product we use and it is crappy.

kdreger

n3wb
Reaction score
So you're exposing this NVR directly to the internet? Either it's been hacked and is now part of a botnet or you're just having issues with browsers that are always updating and devices that never do.
On the plus side if it hasn't been hacked yet it surely will be.
PLEASE TRY........

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try an old version of IE / Windows in a VM.

It's hard to make infrequently updated hardware work with software like a browser that's always updating.

Exposing the nvr to the internet via port forwarding is a serious risk. It's very likely it will eventually be hacked/bricked as a result.

kdreger

n3wb
Reaction score
Try an old version of IE / Windows in a VM.

It's hard to make infrequently updated hardware work with software like a browser that's always updating.

Exposing the nvr to the internet via port forwarding is a serious risk. It's very likely it will eventually be hacked/bricked as a result.
Sure, I would but the end users are not techie enough to use VM.....