Cant´t change profiles

Biggles

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 profiles, No 1 when I am out, all cameras on, alarms set, emails activated and no 2 when I am home, outside cameras record but no alarms and inside cameras do not record.

Trying to switch between then has always been a big problem but usually by clicking lots of things at random for 10 minutes it will eventually set itself to profile 2 ... well that was until tonight. I have now spent more than half an hour trying to get it to stay on profile 2 and it will not stay on 2.

I can get the Schedule stopped red hand to show but never never never with profile 2 selected.

Is there an easy way to do this or if not is there a better Camera program that will allow me to have 2 settings for home and not home.

Unfortunately when I am home or not home has nothing whatsoever to do with the time of day or the day of the week.

My Blue iris is last years model, not the very latest current model.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 2 profiles, No 1 when I am out, all cameras on, alarms set, emails activated and no 2 when I am home, outside cameras record but no alarms and inside cameras do not record.

Trying to switch between then has always been a big problem but usually by clicking lots of things at random for 10 minutes it will eventually set itself to profile 2 ... well that was until tonight. I have now spent more than half an hour trying to get it to stay on profile 2 and it will not stay on 2.

I can get the Schedule stopped red hand to show but never never never with profile 2 selected.

Is there an easy way to do this or if not is there a better Camera program that will allow me to have 2 settings for home and not home.

Unfortunately when I am home or not home has nothing whatsoever to do with the time of day or the day of the week.

My Blue iris is last years model, not the very latest current model.
Welcome to the forum....
The schedule should respond to your input immediately..
Have you tried changing the schedule via the blue iris mobile app?
not sure why you are having issues..what specific version of Blue Iris 3 are you using? If its older then update to the latest 3.66, which an be found here
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3393-Blue-Iris-3-66-Update-File

Biggles

n3wb
Reaction score
I have managed it now by clicking on it multiple times , machine gun style. Not sure why it should be problematic. I've had problems with it before. I had tried my iphone ap but same problem.

I have often had difficulty with it, not sure wh it should be a problem. I would expect to just click on it and it works. Everything else in the program works as it should.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have managed it now by clicking on it multiple times , machine gun style. Not sure why it should be problematic. I've had problems with it before. I had tried my iphone ap but same problem.

I have often had difficulty with it, not sure wh it should be a problem. I would expect to just click on it and it works. Everything else in the program works as it should.
What version of BI3 are you running? The exact version...

Biggles

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, its release 3.66 ... recent but not the very latest version.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, its release 3.66 ... recent but not the very latest version.

Thanks
hmmm, i have never seen this issue...I would export the settings and do a clean install..the full version of 3.66 is available on the blue iris website under updates. (scroll to the bottom)