Cant connect cameras/ invalid password help

Turboolds

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for your help in advance. I have 4 dahua ip cameras hdw4221m and dahua nvr 4208-4p, working fine, changed 1 hardrive from a 500 to 1tb. Now cameras wont connect keeps saying invalid username/password, if i go in and change them thru web interface i get account locked after i try changing password. Any help is appreciated. They are pulling an ip 10.1.1.65-68.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @Turboolds

Is each camera in your network assigned its own static IP address?
Also, have you tried the default username and password (admin / admin)?

Have you also checked the network settings in your Dahua NVR? (Check to make sure that NVR and cameras are all within the same IP range as well)

Hello and thanks for your help in advance. I have 4 dahua ip cameras hdw4221m and dahua nvr 4208-4p, working fine, changed 1 hardrive from a 500 to 1tb. Now cameras wont connect keeps saying invalid username/password, if i go in and change them thru web interface i get account locked after i try changing password. Any help is appreciated. They are pulling an ip 10.1.1.65-68.

Turboolds

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes they all have ip 10.1.1.65-68 and the nvr has 192.168.1.17. I tried the admin default no luck

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure NVR is also set an IP address in the 10.1.1.X range (NVR's default gateway should be set to 10.1.1.1), otherwise will have some issues communicating with the cameras

Since the NVR has its own built-in PoE and you have your cameras connected to it, the NVR creates its own network-type similar to how a router+switch works

Yes they all have ip 10.1.1.65-68 and the nvr has 192.168.1.17. I tried the admin default no luck

Turboolds

n3wb
Reaction score
So your saying that the nvr should also be on the same subnet as the cameras? My router is 192.168.1.1, if i put the nvr to 10.1.1 will it work?

Ninkasi

n3wb
Reaction score
As a last resort, you can see if there is a reset button inside the camera. Most Dahua cameras have them. You will need to disassemble the camera and look on the circuit board. The button will be quite small and is usually located on the side of the board. You will need to have the camera connected to power when you press the button. Hold it in for about 30 seconds. This will reset the camera to the factory defaults. You should then be able to use the default username and password to log into the camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
changed 1 hardrive from a 500 to 1tb. Now cameras wont connect keeps saying invalid username/password,
Does it work OK if you temporarily put the original HDD back?
Did you by any chance disconnect everything and maybe put the cameras back in different ports?
Did you originally use different passwords for each camera?

Turboolds

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i may have unplugged the cameras and put into different ports. I used the same passwords for all 4, but i used a different password for the nvr itself.

Ninkasi

n3wb
Reaction score
I think i may have unplugged the cameras and put into different ports. I used the same passwords for all 4, but i used a different password for the nvr itself.
Have you tried using the password that you used on the NVR for the cameras? I know that on some Dahua NVR's there is an option to automatically apply the password used on the NVR to all of the cameras connected to the NVR. You could also try doing a factory reset.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
That's correct, definitely try that, and afterwards reboot the NVR just to make sure the settings take effect and the number of login attempts to the cameras reset
So your saying that the nvr should also be on the same subnet as the cameras? My router is 192.168.1.1, if i put the nvr to 10.1.1 will it work?

Turboolds

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok got them back up had to reset thru the camera shorted the 2 pins in camera. Thanks for the help now i gotta setup everything again. Any tips or suggestions? Should i enable upnp?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
disable UPNP :)
Ok got them back up had to reset thru the camera shorted the 2 pins in camera. Thanks for the help now i gotta setup everything again. Any tips or suggestions? Should i enable upnp?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
I just had about 4 hours of hell with a similar issue. The advice on this thread and website saved me. thought I'd document what i did in case some other poor soul gets stuck on the same hurdle.

Cameras (IPC-HDW4631C-A, 6MP POE IP67)
NVR (4K NVR4104-P-4KS2 ACH 4POE)

IP Address of NVR: 192.168.1.108 (Default)
IP Addresses of cameras: 192.168.1.108 (Default)
Subnet IP of cameras set by NVR: 10.1.1.65-68
NVR Username: admin
NVR Password: *********** (whatever you set it as)
Camera default Username: admin
Camera default Password: admin

Each camera has a default IP of 192.168.1.108 out of the box

Caution The NVR assigns each camera an IP of 10.1.1.X once you plug them in. If the password you've set on the NVR is different from the camera default username and password (admin:admin), the camera gets stuck and will display: ‘incorrect username or password’ or ‘account locked’

You need to log into each camera separately first, using separate 12V POE.
(Router LAN Port > POE Injector or Switch > Camera)

(If it’s too late, and the NVR has changed their IP’s already, then you need to unscrew and open each bullet cam, hold in the K1 jumper while powering it on, keep held for 60sec. This resets it to default. There's videos on youtube that show you where the jumper is located)

Log into camera directly via a web browser using 192.168.1.108 in the address bar.

You will not be able to see the device if the computer you’re using is not on the same network gateway. if necessary, change the computer’s static IP to 192.168.1.X, and default gateway to 192.168.1.1, then ping the camera from terminal or cmd using 'ping 192.168.1.108' to check you can reach it.

Once logged in (username admin, password admin), go to settings and change the password to the same password you set on the NVR, change the IP to 10.1.1.X and gateway to 10.1.1.1. hit OK or apply.

The webpage will stop responding because the computer is now again on a different gateway.

Now you can disconnect the camera from the POE, plug the camera into the NVR. The NVR will do its thing and the image should pop up on screen.

Remember to change your computer's IP settings back if necessary.