Can't connect my 2532

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had a go at doing this just before Christmas but had to give up before I went away. I've now returned and want to get it up and running.

To do a quick recap. I've got the camera connected to a power supply and network cable from the camera to my laptop. In SADP it shows the camera as active. I put the ip addy into internet explorer and it doesn't show anything. I also tried to view it in ivms 4200 and nothing much happens in there either.

I'm probably over thinking this but any idea what I'm doing wrong?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I put the ip addy into internet explorer and it doesn't show anything.
What error you you get, 'page not found' or similar? IE11, not Edge in Win10?
In SADP it shows the camera as active. I put the ip addy into internet explorer
Dumb question, for which apologies - are the IP addresses of the PC and the camera on the same segment?
What are the addresses?
And what HTTP port does SADP (v3.x) show?

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm getting page can't be found on both IE and Chrome on windows 10. I've just kicked my old laptop into life using windows 7 and that has IE and Mozilla Firefox and on MF it states connection timed out and on IE it states IE cannot display the webpage.

The laptop ip is 192 168 1 67 and I've changed the camera ip to 192 168 1 111. The HTTP port is 80.

I've tried the cam on ivms 4200 and it shows the cam on there. When I go to device management and then add to client, it shows up the message device is offline or timed out.

oroboros

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same problem.
is that the password entered is incorrect.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Come to think of it I did do a password reset using the link from here. Would that of done it some harm? I can still change or think I can change ip's in SADP though.

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Had another go at it this morning. Now shows as inactive in SADP and won't accept password. Tried doing another password reset and still no good.
Not sure what to do now as at a loss. v5.3.0 build 150513

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now shows as inactive in SADP and won't accept password
Are you using SADP version 3.x ?
That does allow you to go through the 'device activation' procedure, to apply a new strong password.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply :cool:

I'm using v2.2.3.2 Build 150325

The company who I got it from are totally useless and have stopped replying to emails despite there claim of free 2 years support :shame: I'm also looking for an additional camera and was thinking of the 2142 as it seems to have better ir for night time use - I've no street lights where I live.

oroboros

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I just found the solution!
SADP not take my password, because I can not communicate with the webcam because of its IP / Mask
192.168.254.14/255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (default on the webcam seen by SADP)
So I directly connect the webcam to the PC in ethernet and I changed the IP address on the PC:
192.168.254.13/255.255.255.0 gateway 192.168.1.1
then http://192.168.254.14/ and have access to the web interface of the camera (no more "time out")
I test: admin / 12345 and voila. I change the IP address and admin password by default!
good luck to the other
UT82p5PXA8XXXagOFbXA.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
192.168.254.14/255.255.255.0 Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (default on the webcam seen by SADP)
I think what this means is that your camera is connected to a PoE port on the NVR.
By default, these ports are not accessible from LAN addresses in the range that the NVR LAN port is on, and they will not be visible to SADP either. Unless you connect the PC to a spare PoE port, or, as you have done, temporarily connect the camera back on the LAN.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorted and 1st part done. I made the mistake of entering what I thought I'd already entered as my username as something else. I changed it to admin and voilà, all done and running on wifi. I can't believe something as menial as that took me ages. School boy error to be fair but all the same, it's done.

Next step will be to unpack the NVR, then buy a couple more cams and fix the cameras to where they need to go.

While the 2532 is pretty good, I need something a bit better for night time so will start another thread on that soon. Thanks for your input Gents :)