Can't delete some clips

Daffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Did a search for it and came up dry.

Been using BI for some time and with one of the last few updates (not sure how long ago.. 2 maybe 4 ago) I started having clips that cant be deleted, red border around them and when I try to delete them "Could not delete(number of items), May be protected or in use."

Well I tryed to protect them and then unprotect them to no avail, they sure aren't in use by me directly.. Most of the time if I come back to the puter the next morning they are white bordered and can be deleted. All seems to be random so far, at least I can't nail down a pattern or a cause.

Anybody else experience this?

No I haven't contacted tech support, as it is just at this point a minor annoyance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, your issue is most likely occurring because the clip is not finished writing...what are your settings for combine and cut?

Daffy

n3wb
Reaction score
8 hours / 4.5g, Default I presume, don't recall messing with the settings.. But I am getting old..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so you cannot delete it until the 8 hours/4.5gb are up or until you right click on the camera select properties then just hit ok, or disable/reenable the camera (this way the camera recording stops)...generally you should not need to manually delete anything...

Daffy

n3wb
Reaction score
Get that, I would think it would be the same for all clips not just some select ones..

Yeah I tend to keep house on my drives.... Old habits are hard to break! I remember getting my first 20mb drive and wondering what in the world will I do with all this space!! :peaceful:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
With respect to the other clipsthat you can delete, they me be on a different 8 hour schedule...
As far as old habits, i get it...you should consider that you may accidentally delete something that you need...its more efficient for blue iris to do this when the space is needed...