Can't download video from web UI

SirJMD

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2543G0-IWS recording to a SD-card currently. There a couple of videos I want to download, but no matter what I do i just get "Downloading failed".

- I've added the address for the camera to trusted sites
- I'm running IE as admin
- I've tried Chrome
- I've tried 3 different computers and my android phone

What can I do to get this working? Is there a way to map it via smb or get the files via FTP or similiar?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2543G0-IWS recording to a SD-card currently. There a couple of videos I want to download, but no matter what I do i just get "Downloading failed".

- I've added the address for the camera to trusted sites
- I'm running IE as admin
- I've tried Chrome
- I've tried 3 different computers and my android phone

What can I do to get this working? Is there a way to map it via smb or get the files via FTP or similiar?
Assuming you get the error when you try to view/download while the SD card is in the camera, have you tried removing the card, plugging into an external it card reader and viewing/downloading the files using Windows Explorer?

Do you have other cams set up similarly that you CAN view as you want?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There a couple of videos I want to download,
Presumably you can play them OK, so they do exist.
no matter what I do i just get "Downloading failed".
And they are listed with normal-looking file sizes after doing the download search.

Maybe as a temporary workaround try the 'clip' facility in the Playback menu. The scissors icon.

SirJMD

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the card is in the camera. I can view the files via the web UI just fine, but not download the videos. I haven't tried taking out the SD-card and putting it in a reader, since this is not an acceptable solution (and it requires a ladder every time).

The file sizes are fine at about 200MB. I can view them just fine, just not download them.

"clip" works! I'd very much like the download function to work as well, but I'm out of ideas.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
"clip" works! I'd very much like the download function to work as well, but I'm out of ideas.
Have you experimented with the download paths defined in the Local Settings menu?
Presumably these are on the local HDD as opposed to a network drive?

SirJMD

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you experimented with the download paths defined in the Local Settings menu?
Presumably these are on the local HDD as opposed to a network drive?
Nope, they are untouched (local storage). I can download snapshots and the clips fine, but not whole recordings.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a thought - is this a WiFi-connected camera?
If so - that may feature in the problem.
Presumably it's not practical to connect a temporary cable?

SirJMD

n3wb
Reaction score
Just a thought - is this a WiFi-connected camera?
If so - that may feature in the problem.
Presumably it's not practical to connect a temporary cable?
Correct and correct - WiFi and bad placement for running a cable. The camera itself has a rather shitty WiFi antenna, so it's only getting a link of around 20/15 MBit/s (Rx/Tx) - hence the SD-card.
But since I'm able to playback the recordings, it shouldn't matter so much (I guess..).