Can't edit active users in DAHUA XVRs- Please help!

blueh25

n3wb
Reaction score
I have multiple Dahua DVRs and each one has multiple user accounts. Each time I want to edit a user account (remove access from a camera, change password, or simply remove the user) I can't, and I get the error that says: "user is in use now" as shown in the image attached below. To solve this, I have to manually go to the user's PC and close the SmartPSS software(or manually log out from the DVR) to be able to make the new changes that I want. How do I make changes to users that have the SmartPSS software already running, or at least be able to log them out without having to do it from their computers?

Dahua DVR models:
DHI-XVR5108HS-4KL
DHI-XVR5116H-4KL
DH-XVR5116H-4KL-X

Software: Smart PSS

Thank you.
user_error.png

blueh25

n3wb
Reaction score
Disconnect the ethernet network cable out of the XVRs.
I have a total of 9 XVRs, and they are all far from each other. it's not practical to disconnect the cables each time I want to edit something. Also some XVRs have some IP cameras connected to them, so disconnecting the network cable is not possible.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think in the XVRs system UI under system- maintain/network/online user. You block a user. Perhaps this may assist or not.

blueh25

n3wb
Reaction score
I think in the XVRs system UI under system- maintain/network/online user. You block a user. Perhaps this may assist or not.
Apparently the version I am having doesn't have this option. Maybe they removed it.
Because someone said in reddit that older version of the software allowed the admin to kick a user off.
Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it.
system_maintain.png

Reaction score
I don’t have an XVR but I think you want to be in settings-> account and maybe be able to block them with the time schedule
Edit: after reading your first post again sounds like that won't work either

Last edited:

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@blueh25
Menu tiles > MAINTAIN > NETWORK > Online User.
This shows a list of everything logged in at the current time.
  1. At the bottom of the screen is a number box saying how many seconds to block. Edit that to be (e.g.) 300 for 5min.
  2. Click the block icon next to the login session you wish to block.
  3. Now go back to user accounts and change passwords/permissions/groups/etc.
1706407268548.png