Can't figure out how to disable/reinable email notification on several cameras at once, selectively.

Reaction score
Most of my cameras are set to simply record upon detected motion. However, I have several other cameras (mostly in storage areas) that are set to record and also send an email notification with images attached upon movement in these areas. I need to find a way to disable the email feature for all of these cameras at once. I am presently having to perform this function on my Android app individually with each camera and it is time consuming. I would imaging that there is some way to do it within 'Profiles' (?) but I have yet to figure it out.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of my cameras are set to simply record upon detected motion. However, I have several other cameras (mostly in storage areas) that are set to record and also send an email notification with images attached upon movement in these areas. I need to find a way to disable the email feature for all of these cameras at once. I am presently having to perform this function on my Android app individually with each camera and it is time consuming. I would imaging that there is some way to do it within 'Profiles' (?) but I have yet to figure it out.
you can setup an identical profile but disable alerts in the profile...or you can use the traffic signal..make sure only disable alerts is selected for the traffic signal in settings

Reaction score
I guess this is a classic situation for which the Profiles feature was created. Now I get it! Quick question: When I try to copy my Profile #1 settings to Profile #2 only the settings from that one camera are copied over. Is there a way to copy ALL of the settings from all of the cameras in one profile to another? I have 16 cameras so this would save a great deal of time especially with all of my hot spots and custom settings. I just want to clone the entire profile and then make some small changes to the others. Is this possible?

Last edited:
Reaction score
looney2ns: Thanks for this idea. It looks like this will be the best way to move forward. I was really hoping that there would be a way to clone the entire profile and then simply make my minor changes to "email alerts", etc. I have 16 camera with a ton of very fussy settings in Motion, Record, etc. Thanks again! PS: Is that YOU or is that Chevy Chase on his way to Wally World!? :)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looney2ns: Thanks for this idea. It looks like this will be the best way to move forward. I was really hoping that there would be a way to clone the entire profile and then simply make my minor changes to "email alerts", etc. I have 16 camera with a ton of very fussy settings in Motion, Record, etc. Thanks again! PS: Is that YOU or is that Chevy Chase on his way to Wally World!? :)
That's Chevy. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification :) Hey, I took your advice and cloned all of my cameras one at a time into the second Profile. This worked well so I appreciate your suggestion. There must be a very good reason why BI does not have an option to clone the entire Profile as it seems that 'they' have thought of everything. I must say that I am so impressed by Blue Iris and find myself constantly telling friends and colleagues about it. I am a late-comer to the Profiles feature as I simply never needed it before now but it is a great feature and just solved a complex issue for me. Enjoy your weekend, Clark, and thanks again for your help.