Can't find camera on network SADP

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, had a Chinese PTZ for many years stopped working when i upgraded my nvr (language mismatch)
Now I have a new NVR I wanted to try connect it but can't find it on my network.
Power is going to it as i can see the IRs on it.
Why would I not see it on my network using SADP?

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware SADP is specifically for Hikvision cams, not just 'any' Chinese camera

You may be better off with WireShark

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that by any chance the cam with "video loss" on your other post regarding the new NVR?

Do you know the cam's IP address?
Yeh video loss is the language mismatch. Used to be able to find it on SADP and my modem but nothing now. I am sure i remember the correct IP address i made for it but that doesn't even load the page.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I am sure i remember the correct IP address i made for it....
Do you recall how you were able to define the IP address for it previously? (I.E.: via camera web interface (GUI), via DVR GUI, etc)

Consider plugging the cam in to your 'everyday' network and monitor your DHCP server leases (clients) listing and see of the camera appears

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you recall how you were able to define the IP address for it previously? (I.E.: via camera web interface (GUI), via DVR GUI, etc)

Consider plugging the cam in to your 'everyday' network and monitor your DHCP server leases (clients) listing and see of the camera appears
Hikvision SADP is what i used, but now its no longer there.

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware SADP is specifically for Hikvision cams, not just 'any' Chinese camera

You may be better off with WireShark
I will give it a try, but I used to be able to see it on SADP

Mars Bar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive used all sorts of scanners and it isn't coming up.
I also can't log into my other cameras through their direct IP addresses now either