Can't find Camera

NVRGVUP

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm running BI 4.3.0.6 I currently have 4 Hikvision (outdoor) and 2 HooToo (1 wireless 1 wired indoor) cameras setup on system. I'm adding an external camera (IP bullet) not sure name. I'm able to see camera through an NVR and can view interface from IE but when I try to set up on BI software I do not get a picture.

When I go into configuration and leave address "blank" than hit Find/inspect the software does not return a result. If I put in camera IP and hit Find/inspect it goes through procedure of opening port checking common cameras .. foscam FI86xx etc etc etc than comes back with Done:
BICamlocator.png than I get this BICamerror.png

I have tried different "manual" settings but no go. I use a different "cam locator" and it sees the camera Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running BI 4.3.0.6 I currently have 4 Hikvision (outdoor) and 2 HooToo (1 wireless 1 wired indoor) cameras setup on system. I'm adding an external camera (IP bullet) not sure name. I'm able to see camera through an NVR and can view interface from IE but when I try to set up on BI software I do not get a picture.

When I go into configuration and leave address "blank" than hit Find/inspect the software does not return a result. If I put in camera IP and hit Find/inspect it goes through procedure of opening port checking common cameras .. foscam FI86xx etc etc etc than comes back with Done:
View attachment 8740 than I get this View attachment 8741

I have tried different "manual" settings but no go. I use a different "cam locator" and it sees the camera Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Peter
Welcome to the forum. Double check your credentials because it indicates it found the rtsp port.
Also see this https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4099-How-to-add-camera-to-BI-that-is-not-in-the-drop-down-list

NVRGVUP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, some progress After looking through forum and downloading a program I discovered that the camera only accepts a 6 digit password. So I went back into camera and changed password but still no go accessing through BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks fenderman, some progress After looking through forum and downloading a program I discovered that the camera only accepts a 6 digit password. So I went back into camera and changed password but still no go accessing through BI.
You must have a port set wrong or an incorrect path. Use the thread I linked to above to find the correct path.

NVRGVUP

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally! Beat it into submission, thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. The onvif device manager software helped locating issue than using for path.