Cant find my ip-cameras on the network

karstenwm

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all.

First of all - sorry my english is not good at all :)

Until now I have run this system:

- Hikvision NVR DS-7108NI-SN/P
- POE-switch
- 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2722FWD 2MP Dome cameras

I have connected the cameras to the POE-switch so I could reach my cameras on IP-range 192.168.0.x So I havent really used the built-in POE ports on the NVR.

The system has always run well with no problems at all.

Now to the problem:

My POE-switch is now dead! The IR-light was blinking in both cameras and I couldnt reach the cameras in the browser. Now I want to use the built-in POE-ports in the NVR instead of the POE-switch. So I reset my cams on the button at the camera. I unplugged the ethernetcable - pressed the resetbutton on cam. My son plugged the ethernetcable in the built-in POE port in the NVR and I hold the resetbutton in 15-20 seconds.

I hoped that I now could find the camera with the SADP-tool installed on my laptop but with no luck. I am not sure what IP-address my camera will get after the reset. I have tried using SADP when I am on the
192.168.0.x network but can only see the NVR. I then tried to connect my laptop to a POE-port in the NVR
and change the IP on the laptop to 192.168.254.x but I can still only see my NVR in SADP-tool.

So I really dont know what to do now? At night the IRs on the cams works perfectly and a green light is
blinking so I think the cams works fine. I have tried resetting the cams many times with different
amount of seconds holding the resetbutton down.

But what ip-address should the reset cam get when I reset in the built-in POE port in the NVR?

Hope you can help me because I am not good at all this IP-stuff...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I then tried to connect my laptop to a POE-port in the NVR
and change the IP on the laptop to 192.168.254.x but I can still only see my NVR in SADP-tool.
That should work OK if the cameras are working, even if they are 'Inactive' after using the reset button.
This suggests that the cameras are not being powered by the NVR PoE ports.
For SADP you do not need to change the laptop IP address.

Suggestion:
Access the NVR VGA/HDMI interface to see the status of the PoE ports, and the power if any being drawn by the connected cameras.
I'm wondering if that NVR model has a 'PoE enable' facility.

karstenwm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have now try to log into my nvr and here are info about the POE-ports. I had just tried to reset one of the cameras in POE-port 5 (192.168.254.6). After reset I can still not see the cam in SADP and when I ping 192.168.254.6 it said: Destination host unreachable.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
After reset I can still not see the cam in SADP and when I ping 192.168.254.6 it said: Destination host unreachable.
Is this when the PC is on the LAN and the camera is plugged in to the NVR PoE port?
By default, the camera cannot be reached from the LAN, the PoE ports are on a separate network segment.

When you connect the camera to an NVR PoE port - what do you see on the status lights on the port itself?
When the PC is connected to an unused PoE port, what does SADP show after the camera had been reset?

karstenwm

n3wb
Reaction score
I appreciate you try to help me alastairstevenseon.

Is this when the PC is on the LAN and the camera is plugged in to the NVR PoE port?
By default, the camera cannot be reached from the LAN, the PoE ports are on a separate network segment.
No its when the laptop is connected to POE-port number 8 and the camera are connected to POE-port number 5. Bonusinfo: When I connect the laptop to port 8 I have to manually change the IP-address on laptop to 192.168.254.x (I thought the NVR automatically will give my laptop the address from the picture 192.168.254.9).

When you connect the camera to an NVR PoE port - what do you see on the status lights on the port itself?
On POE-port number 5 the green light is constant green and the yellow/orange is blinking. On the camera-side the green light is blinking and the IR-light is working just fine.

When the PC is connected to an unused PoE port, what does SADP show after the camera had been reset?
When I connect the pc to POE-port 8 and manually set the IP to 192.168.254.x and then reset my cam in port 5 then I can only see the NVR itself in SADP.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
When I connect the pc to POE-port 8 and manually set the IP to 192.168.254.x and then reset my cam in port 5 then I can only see the NVR itself in SADP.
It's a puzzle that SADP does not see the cameras. That would normally mean that they do not exist, or are not operating.

What's the firmware version in the cameras?
As you've been connecting the PC to a spare PoE port, and changing the PC IP address to be in the 192.168.254.x range, it may be worth installing 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net and seeing if it can see the cameras.
ODM will automatically find any ONVIF device that exist on the same IP address range as the PC it is running on.

karstenwm

n3wb
Reaction score
The Firmware version in the cameras are V5.4.5 170124.

I will try with ONVIF Device Manager.

Reaction score
Hi all.

First of all - sorry my english is not good at all :)

Until now I have run this system:

- Hikvision NVR DS-7108NI-SN/P
- POE-switch
- 2 x Hikvision DS-2CD2722FWD 2MP Dome cameras

I have connected the cameras to the POE-switch so I could reach my cameras on IP-range 192.168.0.x So I havent really used the built-in POE ports on the NVR.

The system has always run well with no problems at all.

Now to the problem:

My POE-switch is now dead! The IR-light was blinking in both cameras and I couldnt reach the cameras in the browser. Now I want to use the built-in POE-ports in the NVR instead of the POE-switch. So I reset my cams on the button at the camera. I unplugged the ethernetcable - pressed the resetbutton on cam. My son plugged the ethernetcable in the built-in POE port in the NVR and I hold the resetbutton in 15-20 seconds.

I hoped that I now could find the camera with the SADP-tool installed on my laptop but with no luck. I am not sure what IP-address my camera will get after the reset. I have tried using SADP when I am on the
192.168.0.x network but can only see the NVR. I then tried to connect my laptop to a POE-port in the NVR

So I really dont know what to do now? At night the IRs on the cams works perfectly and a green light is
blinking so I think the cams works fine. I have tried resetting the cams many times with different
amount of seconds holding the resetbutton down.

But what ip-address should the reset cam get when I reset in the built-in POE port in the NVR?

Hope you can help me because I am not good at all this IP-stuff...
The default ip address for the camera should be 192.168.1.64