Can't Find New Hik 2032's

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been covered. I've seen discussion of similar issues, but with other problems being discussed, I'm a little confused as to what to do.

Just received 2 more Hik 2032's from China (stickers say firmware 5.2.8 and dated 1/2015)..I power them up (IR lights turn on) but I can't seem to find the camera on the computer anywhere. I connected it directly to my router, but the camera could not be found in SADP or in the device manager/server section of IVMS-4200 software. I then plugged the CAT 5 cable directly into my computer and changed to the computers IP to the 192.0.0.X range and tried typing 192.0.0.64 into the browser and nothing. Even tried holding down on the reset button for a few seconds on one of the cams and restarted, but no difference.

Not sure what to do from here since I can't even figure out a way to make my computer recognize that I have an IP cam connected. Being that it's 2 cams, it seems unlikely that they would both be defective. Anyone have any ideas of how to find this thing?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
First thing to do is to perform a hard reset..the proper method is to cut power to the camera, hold the reset button then apply power while holding the button for 15-30 seconds....

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First thing to do is to perform a hard reset..the proper method is to cut power to the camera, hold the reset button then apply power while holding the button for 15-30 seconds....
Just tried it this way and still nothing. I've tried everything I can think of.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have had a couple that do that. What I did was flash 5.2.5 to them and they were operational, just they revert to Chinese language.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have had a couple that do that. What I did was flash 5.2.5 to them and they were operational, just they revert to Chinese language.
I've done this on one of them and that worked....Now I just need to make it English! I realize I could use the google page translate on Chrome, but I'd really prefer it automatically in full English or multi-language. Is there a way to make the 5.2.5 work in English or multi-language? Any chance of getting it to accept a 5.2.3 or 5.2.0 firmware?

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got another camera like this today from a different supplier. Also a 5.2.8 sticker, however SADP found it right away and shows that it's current firmware is 5.2.0 (build 140721)...Multilanguage and gives me the ability to pick the language at the logon screen. Choosing English gives full English, including day of the week. So I'm assuming it is possible to flash the 5.2.8 cameras down to 5.2.0 multilanguage and have full English? As a side note, this unit is a Chinese region cam as it has CCCH in the serial number.

How do I copy the firmware file out of this new cam to my computer? Would be interested in giving it a try on the other 5.2.8 units that are stuck in full Chinese. I'm sure I can find 5.2.0 online, but I've heard some mention on this board that these new 5.2.8 cams cannot be flashed back to anything below 5.2.5, so I'm wondering if this 5.2.0 firmware in this camera was somehow modified by the supplier to make it work?

Thanks!

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Dony Viana

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who contributed and helped me !!

The problem was solved by connecting the notebook to the router, but setting fixed IP and DNS (was absent in previous tests).

Now, I will configure external access(Nat) ! 

Thanks!!!

Adonias Viana