Can't find online cameras in SADP software

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did installe my HIK camera about 6 months ago, which worked just fine.

Today I'm trying to install another camera, but have some problems. In the SADP software I can't find the new camera, and I can't find the one I have had for about 6 months, and which is working just fine right now.

How come I can't see my old and my new camera in the SADP software ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard to say.

First I recommend you uninstall SADP, download it fresh from hikvision's website, and reinstall, just to be sure it is running properly.

It is possible that antivirus software may be interfering, or if you have a 3rd party firewall that could potentially cause this too.

Are you running SADP from a system that can definitely view the camera directly through a web browser?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Also note if you are using windows 8, sadp sometimes doesnt properly install winpcap so it appears to be running but no cameras are displayed. Make sure to run the install file in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll try to uninstall the software in a few minutes, and install it again, and turn off my antivirus.

I can access the old camera that is working fine, through my browser, my phone and the iVMS-4200 client software.

Just to be sure - in SADP, is it correct, that I first must enter my gateway and subnet mask, before I can see any online cameras ? I have entered my gateway and subnet into these two fields, but still now cameras showing up.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also note if you are using windows 8, sadp sometimes doesnt properly install winpcap so it appears to be running but no cameras are displayed. Make sure to run the install file in windows 7 compatibility mode.
I use windows 7.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try to uninstall the software in a few minutes, and install it again, and turn off my antivirus.

I can access the old camera that is working fine, through my browser, my phone and the iVMS-4200 client software.

Just to be sure - in SADP, is it correct, that I first must enter my gateway and subnet mask, before I can see any online cameras ? I have entered my gateway and subnet into these two fields, but still now cameras showing up.
No need to enter those, as far as I remember. I believe those fields are used only when you are setting a camera's network address information.

It is probably a matter of WinPcap not working as others have suggested. WinPCap is kind of a network sniffing driver that SADP uses to do its magic.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Uninstalling and installing SAPD did work the first time I open the software. I could see my old and new camera. I then closed SADP and opened it again, and now my two cameras are gone again.

I'll try to install WinPCap

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try a different PC and see if you have the same issues.

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Reinstalling SADP and install WinPCap seems to be the solution :) Thanks to all of you :)

Hasslehogg

n3wb
Reaction score
Reinstalling SADP and install WinPCap seems to be the solution :) Thanks to all of you :)
idiot, the problem with SADP was winpcap wasnt working correctly. now sorted. can see the camera's and can see the camera has rest to 192.0.0.64, so now i should be able to just do the enhanced mtd hack?

appreciate the patience

Spookiepower

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
idiot, the problem with SADP was winpcap wasnt working correctly. now sorted. can see the camera's and can see the camera has rest to 192.0.0.64, so now i should be able to just do the enhanced mtd hack?

appreciate the patience
Who is an idiot ??

OSORIO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone I have IVMS 4200 For MAC I have 11 cameras with Hikvision NVR. 2 Connected directly to the NVR (DS-7816N-E2/8P) & 9 connected to a switch. The one connected to the NVR i can see it but 4 connected to a switch i cannot see it ( not in IVMS 4200 NOT IN THE NVR). I know the IP Address because i run IP SCANNER PRO and i was able to detect it. The things is that when i trying to find cameras connected to my network ( using IVMS 4200 or SADP) It just find the NVR IP, not my other cameras IP NOT even the ones that i can see. There is anyone please that could help me with this matter. it would be gladly appreciate it. How can i detect this cameras and be able to activate them.