Can't fix Dahua AI Camera's error: 2.0.6 Algorithm version does not match, please upgrade firmware.bin

Karlpy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new IPC-HFW7442H-ZFR Dahua AI Camera where face detection nor any IVS isn't working. Even basic recording isn't working.

There is a error in Information > Version > Algorithm Version
Algorith Version: 2.0.6 Algorithm version does not match, please upgrade firmware.bin

I downloaded and upgraded to the latest firmware multiple times, but this error doesn't go away. Any idea how to fix it?

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure this applies, but you might check this thread to see if it helps any:

Karlpy

n3wb
Reaction score
Fixed this by installing a non-published Dahua Firmware the vendor sent me

mikmoza

n3wb
Reaction score
hello
i have the same issue, can you by chance send me the correct fW ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why dont they put it in their website though
We are not the target market for Dahua and Hikvision - their market is authorized distributors and installers and are probably only allowing future updates via those channels. They have made a business decision to target the professional installers and authorized distributors of these cameras. Call either company up and they will tell you to talk to the vendor you purchased from.

I suspect too many people are purchasing a Chinese hacked English camera and trying to update with firmware from the Dahua website and brick the camera so they made a decision to no longer offer those on their webste. Perhaps they are also wanting to stop people from purchasing cheaper Lorex and Amcrest and then flashing with Dahua firmware to get functionality that was removed. Many sellers will let you know on their vendor site that you cannot update them, but many more do not. We get new posts here every week with someone saying they tried to update their camera and it bricked. Any dialogue with these companies will tell you to reach out to the vendor you purchased it from.

Contrast that with consumer grade stuff sold at the big box stores. You can call a Night Owl or Arlo or Reolink or Lorex or Amcrest and speak to a representative (now whether they can help you or not is another story), but they will not tell you to talk to Best Buy where you purchased it...

We are just fortunate enough to be able to get our hands on these.

Because we are not their target audience is why sites like this are so valuable.

I will take less documentation for better cameras and rely on sites like this over consumer grade junk at a big box store all day long....