Cant get 5.3.0 cam to work in PCNVR

tkat79

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have two other Hikvision cams (DS-2CD2032-I & DS2CD3132-I) that are running firmware v5.2.5, they both work great in PCNVR software. I've been installing these cams for a little while so I'm pretty savvy with the software. I've tried absolutely everything I can think of with no success. I recently purchased the new camera (DS-2CD2032-I)(from amazon) it came preinstalled with firmware v5.3.0 and also already had a password on it which struck me as odd from the beginning. I used the password recovery tool to reset the cam and that worked great. I can view the cam from any browser locally just fine and can also view the cam remotely (off of my wireless) from IPCamViewer on my phone by simply changing/opening ports in router. So I know the cam itself is fine. However, no matter what I try I can not get this camera to function through PCNVR v1.03.06.02. I have also tried manually resetting the camera via the button without ethernet cable, just power, held down for 30 seconds. I've also changed my LAN to 192.168.1.1 as the stock v5.3.0 default to 192.168.1.64. It doesn't matter what I change the camera IP to, or what port (default is 8000), PCNVR never recognizes it. It only gives me the generic error code 24.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim