Can't get BI started now need new license

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the software working fine for one week. Bought the license back last year.Took me this long to get it going. This morning it wouldn't start up so I downloaded and put it on my lap top. Now it says I have entered the license too any times and I need to buy a second license. It wouldn't be bad but I don't have my first license running on anything. I thought it was my desktop but I found after updating to 4.2 I lost everything. Any way of getting my license back working? I wouldn't mind,in fact I was going to buy a couple more license but if I can't even get it to come up on my computers, what the heck. I bought the app license for my phone and it was working as long as I has the desktop BI running. I'm in a quagmire. Any hints on what I can do??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had the software working fine for one week. Bought the license back last year.Took me this long to get it going. This morning it wouldn't start up so I downloaded and put it on my lap top. Now it says I have entered the license too any times and I need to buy a second license. It wouldn't be bad but I don't have my first license running on anything. I thought it was my desktop but I found after updating to 4.2 I lost everything. Any way of getting my license back working? I wouldn't mind,in fact I was going to buy a couple more license but if I can't even get it to come up on my computers, what the heck. I bought the app license for my phone and it was working as long as I has the desktop BI running. I'm in a quagmire. Any hints on what I can do??
Simple email support and ask to have it reactivated. Next time, when switching computers makes sure to deactivate it first. The phone app needs the server app running, they are designed to work together.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I"ll give it a try. Somewhere it said you received a discount on the next license but I can't find it. I need to get an extra three license but I need to make sure I can keep at least one of them running.

PS The phone app works better than the desktop app. I added the app to my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet but I don't know how to get it on my I Pad. Guess I have to buy it twice? It said I could put it on anything I had. Too many toys, I guess. Apple sucks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I"ll give it a try. Somewhere it said you received a discount on the next license but I can't find it. I need to get an extra three license but I need to make sure I can keep at least one of them running.

PS The phone app works better than the desktop app. I added the app to my Samsung phone and Samsung tablet but I don't know how to get it on my I Pad. Guess I have to buy it twice? It said I could put it on anything I had. Too many toys, I guess. Apple sucks.
You need to email the developer, provide your license key and he will give you a coupon code for 50 percent off the next license.
The mobile app cannot be better than the desktop server. The mobile app is a client that relies on the desktop server to operate, its just a client interface.
With respect to the ios app, as with any app that you purchase for android, yes you need to buy it again for ios. You cannot expect to put an android app purchased via the google play store on your ios device.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea,I just hate the I Tunes store. Still have music I bought ten years ago that I can't use even if I could find them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea,I just hate the I Tunes store. Still have music I bought ten years ago that I can't use even if I could find them.
you dont need itunes. If you have a ipad, use the app store. Or sell the pad, buy and android tablet and live happily ever after.

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the 10" samsung tablet already, but the I Pad has the hot spot cell. (, still have to have password for app store) Who remembers all that stuff.. Sent e-mail off for reset.
Thanks again

A K

n3wb
Reaction score
What great service. She reset my license and sent me a coupon and I ended up purchasing 3 more for my computers. Now if I could just get these darn D-Links up and runing, I'll be good to go.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What great service. She reset my license and sent me a coupon and I ended up purchasing 3 more for my computers. Now if I could just get these darn D-Links up and runing, I'll be good to go.
Are you setting up blue iris in 3 locations? You dont need blue iris on every pc you want to view your cameras from. You can simply use the webserver.