cant get event recording going

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting my NVR to start recording based on smart event line
Line crossing and intrusion detection.

The event does trigger correctly with email sent but it doesnt record anything
I try all sort of setting and cant get it to record.

I can get it record on motion detection which I dont want as there are too many motion
and it get set off too often.

I got smart event setup perfectly and rarely get false alarm but cant get it to record
email with photos attachment works.

Can someone write a quick instruction on specific thing I have to do to get smart event recording going?

I got DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR (V3.4.0 build 150929) and DS-2CD2335-I
(V5.3.3 build 150803) camera

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you have the recording schedule set to match the type of event that you want to record from?
Example below:
NVR_49.jpg

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should set it to whatever type of recording trigger you need.
Is the recording working OK now?
No, I only have cross line and intrusion detection on under smart event so under recording schedule I
set it to event 0-24:00 every day but it doesn't work

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it working now, funny how I try for days I can't get it working then as soon as I post something on the forum and someone reply my mind sort of think differently and I try something different and it got it sorted.

To get it to work, under schedule settings, click on the type of event under enable then save doesn't set it, I actually have to go into the 0:00-24:00 timeline, click on it then a little drop box appear and select event there and it work :)

I got the NVR and camera setup exactly the way I wanted and initially I have so many issues with false alarms, things not recording and all the problems a lot of users on this forum has
Now no more false alarm and everything works perfectly.

Thanks

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
did you say you can receive attachments in emails, with the smart event?
i have same model nvr with 3.3.4, but its just sending me an warning message with intrusion detection or line crossing. But no any attachment inside. Also no option to set it.
For motion detection it IS possible

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ah crap I wrote the instructions then I post it but pressed the wrong and it disappear, I got to go but I be back a bit later and rewrite it and post it again for you

binh25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Enable Virtual server on your NVR GUI like the picture below

View attachment 7324

Go to your NVR -> Camera Management
and you should see a link on far right like picture below
click on the camera you want to configure to send email and pictures
it will prompt you for the Camera password and username

View attachment 7322

In Camera Settings got to Advanced Configuration -> Network -> email
ticked attached image and select the internal, I found 4 seconds works best for me and
it send 3 images 4 seconds apart (see picture)

Make sure your email is setup correct by hitting the test button after you configure your SMTP server
(you should get an email with a text like (this is a test mail from Your_Camera_name)

View attachment 7323

Hope that helps

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the NVR and camera setup exactly the way I wanted and initially I have so many issues with false alarms, things not recording and all the problems a lot of users on this forum has
Now no more false alarm and everything works perfectly.
Well done for getting there!
Now (if you have not done so already) make sure you save a copy of the device configuration and IPC configuration (Maintenance menu) in a safe place, so you can get back to your known good state if you ever need to later.

moishaSPB

n3wb
Reaction score
I was struggling to understand why i can't get the motion recording going - selecting motion or even, or anything else from the drop-down and clicking save - gets me a "save succeeded" message - closing the page, coming back - still see "continuous" recording selected ...
Thank you, binh25 : "To get it to work, under schedule settings, click on the type of event under enable then save doesn't set it, I actually have to go into the 0:00-24:00 timeline, click on it then a little drop box appear and select event there and it work". So typical for Hikvision apps.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So typical for Hikvision apps.
It's actually quite a good configuration page, in my view.

The purpose of that schedule page is to allow you to mix&match the various types of recording over arbitrary schedule periods.
So the drop-down is simply to select the type of recording that you want to apply over the schedule period that you highlight for it.