cant get into ip camera

wasp

n3wb
Reaction score
hello forum
bought a 1080p 2mp ptz model is DEV_IPNC
set port on camera to 554 and now cant access camera
camera shows on software but losses connection after 10 sec then goes dark for 30 and repeats
hardwired cat5e router is ac66u
was running blue irus 4 but that wont show picture anymore
am i missing a setting on router pretty sure the port 554 is the screw up was on 80 before and blue irus had it on port 8557 before i changed port on camera software
any ideals i could try cant login to reset camera
thx wasp

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Port 554 is usually the RTSP port.
If you've changed the web port from 80 to 554 the camera is likely to be very confused.
It appears to be an ONVIF compatible camera. If you are very lucky - the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net might let you change the HTTP port back under 'Network settings' if you log in with some administrative credentials.

wasp

n3wb
Reaction score
i have tried to login at my cameras ip + modified port and orig no luck
but thx for the reply
wasp

- - - Updated - - -

Port 554 is usually the RTSP port.
If you've changed the web port from 80 to 554 the camera is likely to be very confused.
It appears to be an ONVIF compatible camera. If you are very lucky - the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net might let you change the HTTP port back under 'Network settings' if you log in with some administrative credentials.
will try it out thx
wasp

wasp

n3wb
Reaction score
when i first got this camera up and running the model was listed as DM36x_IPNC when i did a factory reset it changed to DEV_IPNC
which is what i have been running blue irus 4 and CMS software i was emailed worked on both software untill i changed port on camera settings from 80 to 554 thinking it was for the higher def feed my bad but what is strange is after running software suggested camera is
recognised by
DM36x_IPNC strange but blue irus gives me error codes no matter what i try,but the CMS software without changing any
settings from what they were will stream live video for 10 sec then stop dev dissapears from list for 20 sec then pops back up with video for 10 more seconds and repeats,when i use ONVIF manager software and try to get in settings i have 10 seconds then it recycles,also on CMS recog port as 8200? is this a router setting problem and camera shows in log connecting then lost 10 sec later?
any suggestions would be helpful thx again
wasp
ps would screen shots of settings help?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the camera is in a bootloop.
Despite the 10s window - what does ONVIF Device Manager show for the HTTP port?
And as per @ruppmeister suggestion of how to log in - do you get the admin page?

Last edited by a moderator:

wasp

n3wb
Reaction score
http port 80 media port 8200
thx wasp
sorry that info is from CMS from ONVIF times out and gives a ip says it refused
sorry about the wrong info 169.254.166.174:192.168.x.xxx
thx wasp