Can't get my head around global schedule, cam schedules, and profiles

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using BI for a new months and am now trying to do something that I just can't figure out.

Here is the scenerio:

I have four logical states for my house - Away, No Security, Sleeping, Arriving. They are controlled from a HomeSeer3 system. In the states below, I am only indicating what I need BI to do. Within each state, there are other devices being controlled such as lights and switches.

Away - I turn the traffic light to green and the camera normal schedules run. Works good.
No security - I turn traffic light to red. Nothing records. Works good.
Sleeping - Traffic light green and normal schedules run. However, one twist. I need to turn motion detection on one camera off. It is inside and we don't want it recording. Can't figure this out.
Arriving - Turn traffic light to red. Works good.

The kicker here is that I am controlling BI externally from HomeSeer3. I can set the traffic light and can set the profile. From what I can tell so far, these are all I can control other than triggering cameras.

Any idea how I can use schedules or profiles to keep that cam off during Sleeping state?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help or comments.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using BI for a new months and am now trying to do something that I just can't figure out.

Here is the scenerio:

I have four logical states for my house - Away, No Security, Sleeping, Arriving. They are controlled from a HomeSeer3 system. In the states below, I am only indicating what I need BI to do. Within each state, there are other devices being controlled such as lights and switches.

Away - I turn the traffic light to green and the camera normal schedules run. Works good.
No security - I turn traffic light to red. Nothing records. Works good.
Sleeping - Traffic light green and normal schedules run. However, one twist. I need to turn motion detection on one camera off. It is inside and we don't want it recording. Can't figure this out.
Arriving - Turn traffic light to red. Works good.

The kicker here is that I am controlling BI externally from HomeSeer3. I can set the traffic light and can set the profile. From what I can tell so far, these are all I can control other than triggering cameras.

Any idea how I can use schedules or profiles to keep that cam off during Sleeping state?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for any help or comments.
forget about schedules you dont need it for most cases...
forget about the traffic light, that is all or nothing..
set 4 profiles to match your states
All you need to do is go into the camera settings for the camera you dont wish to record during sleep and set that profile to record:never.

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang, I forgot that in the camera Alerts, Trigger, and Record tabs that you can set it for each profile. You are right in that if I focus just on profiles for each camera, I won't need the traffic light.

Thanks very much! Wish we still had the Thanks button.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang, I forgot that in the camera Alerts, Trigger, and Record tabs that you can set it for each profile. You are right in that if I focus just on profiles for each camera, I won't need the traffic light.

Thanks very much! Wish we still had the Thanks button.
The like button replaced the thanks button..

Reactions: Wen

Dal1as

n3wb
Reaction score
logbuilder, are you using the Blue Iris plugin for Homeseer to do this? I will be doing something very similar once I get the camera profiles down (almost there) and get my zwave sensors set. I was going to mention the profile thing as I have my profiles set to home, away, sleep, security (all cameras on), and motion off.

logbuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
logbuilder, are you using the Blue Iris plugin for Homeseer to do this? I will be doing something very similar once I get the camera profiles down (almost there) and get my zwave sensors set. I was going to mention the profile thing as I have my profiles set to home, away, sleep, security (all cameras on), and motion off.
Yes, I am using HS3 with the Blue Iris plugin. The past few days I have been working on a HSTouch project for my phone. Using just profiles for BI control has worked perfectly. Once @fenderman focused me on profiles, it took me maybe an hour to adjust them for all the cameras. Looking at your profiles, looks like we are thinking the same way. Once I decided profiles would drive everything, then I had to go back to my HS3 events and adjust them to operate properly in the various house states (profile). It is working pretty good. I pay close attention to the HS3 logs. Just this morning I did find an event that was running when it should not. Easy fix.

How are you doing on your HS3 implementation? I'm only using Insteon devices at this time. For your z-wave, are you using a full fledged controller or just a stick?

Dal1as

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using the homeseer system to control lights on an old x10 system which I have been replacing with zwave devices. I am using the zwave hub and will get around to integrating the homeseer system with Blue Iris after the holidays. I need to get the glass breakage sensors, sirens, etc. Still looking at them.