Can't log into bi from iphone

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
has been fine for at least 2 years. I've checked the wan and lan addresses and port match in the web server tab of pc software and my app server details.
Port is forwarded in my router.
It's like it's not even trying, as soon as I hit connect in app it pops up the can't connect message.
Any ideas of where to look next.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
has been fine for at least 2 years. I've checked the wan and lan addresses and port match in the web server tab of pc software and my app server details.
Port is forwarded in my router.
It's like it's not even trying, as soon as I hit connect in app it pops up the can't connect message.
Any ideas of where to look next.
make sure you are running the latest server version

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm on 3.66, didn't swap to ver 4 due to cost.
I've sorted it now, we had a power cut and must have been an ip conflict and I've changed lan ip number and its operating fine now.
Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm on 3.66, didn't swap to ver 4 due to cost.
I've sorted it now, we had a power cut and must have been an ip conflict and I've changed lan ip number and its operating fine now.
Thanks.
The cost is 30 dollars...its well worth it.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whilst it is working, maybe it is worth upgrading. Just looked and cost is not massive.
I've tried the update button within the blueiris software but am getting 'update failed' errors ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Whilst it is working, maybe it is worth upgrading. Just looked and cost is not massive.
I've tried the update button within the blueiris software but am getting 'update failed' errors ?
you cant update direct like that..you should be given a coupon code...then you need to download the new version and install.

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, there is a code, will it be a complete new program or update the one that's already there do you know ?
Thanks

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, do you know if there anywhere in the version I have that I can find my cameras ip addresses before changing over as I guess I'll need to set everything up again from scratch.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, do you know if there anywhere in the version I have that I can find my cameras ip addresses before changing over as I guess I'll need to set everything up again from scratch.
if you leave the old version installed it will pull as much info as possible..but there have been many changes so you will need to reset some..
that can be found in camera properties video tab

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed version 4 no problem, and on first run it had already imported everything over, so cameras showed up straight away and also all my historic video clips so I've had to do nothing.
Is there anywhere that explains the features version 4 has over version 3 ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed version 4 no problem, and on first run it had already imported everything over, so cameras showed up straight away and also all my historic video clips so I've had to do nothing.
Is there anywhere that explains the features version 4 has over version 3 ?
look at the whats new section of the help file...timeline, motion detection etc

Ajpepe72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, plenty there to browse.
One more question, if my pc restarts (power cut etc) blue iris doesn't auto run, is this something I need to configure in windows itself or can it be done via the software ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Great, plenty there to browse.
One more question, if my pc restarts (power cut etc) blue iris doesn't auto run, is this something I need to configure in windows itself or can it be done via the software ?
either run as a service setting in blue iris, or use windows task manager, there are threads that explain how to do this