Can't login to Hikvision camera from specific PC

katsikhs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am using a DS-2DE2202-DE3/W Hikvision camera, which has been working fine for about 2 months. All of a sudden, the connection to the NVR software was lost.
What is weird is that when I try to login via a particular PC, either through Chrome, Edge or Internet explorer (or the NVR software) the connection is refused, and I am getting a message that the account has been locked. A different PC on the same LAN works fine, even after getting the "locked" message (so the account isn't really locked).
I tried rebooting the camera, restoring the default settings, disabled the firewall on the PC, but nothing seems to work.
Is there a setting that blacklists MAC addresses on these cameras, or something similar?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you expose the camera or any other devices on your LAN to external access from the internet, also known as 'port forwarding'?

katsikhs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I do have port forwarding to 2 PCs on my LAN, but it's a setup of modem (IP 192.168.1.1) -> router (192.168.2.1) -> LAN devices (192.168.2.x), the camera is nor directly port forwarded, and UPnP is disabled. The modem has DMZ enabled, and forwards everything to 192.168.2.1, and the router has specific ports configured to direct to specific IP addresses, port 80 is not forwarded anywhere, so it directs to the router login prompt if accessed via WAN.
Weird thing: I just changed the IP address of the NVR PC and all of a sudden it works again, so there must be some way that the camera is blacklisting IP addresses?

Thanks,
Giorgos

katsikhs

n3wb
Reaction score
And all of a sudden, the new IP can't connect to the camera again. In case it helps, I am using Milestone Xprotect as the NVR software, not sure if this is hammering the camera with requests, resulting in the block.