Can't open Dahua camera from NVR

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been reviewing a lot of your forum posts while setting up my Dahua NVR and cameras. This it toally new to me but I'm slowly getting through it!

Currently I have 4 cameras connected to PoE ports on the NVR and they are all viewable via the NVR's IP address/admin center.

The issue I'm facing is one of the cameras will just redirect back to the NVR IP when I try to open it using the blue IE icon. It tries to go correctly to 192.168.0.254:10080 (I added an except for 10080 in Chome).

I found some other posts about this but none worked. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The gui looks the same for the NVR and the cameras - when you select the IE icon did you put in the user/pw of the NVR and does it do a loop back to the NVR gui or is it giving you then the camera gui?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ive seen it redirect to the camera Edit screen (pencil icon) when there was an issue with an older camera… hmmm

@lukehimself can you show us a screen cap of your NVR camera registration page?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Has anybody had to resort to taking the URL spit out by the " Blue e" in NVR and pasting it into the " IE TAb" of the Chrome or Edge browser?
if I take this ---> (the link provided by "Blue E") it opens in Pale Moon, IE tabbed Chrome, but not Chrome, and probably not Edge ( didnt even bother)

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Your using a computer to access Pale moon. What is the LAN IP address on that computer.
maybe your not on the same network segment

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
the e icon needs a browser to open. the browser resides on a PC....The PC has an IP address.
Maybe its not in the . . 0.xxx network

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Try moving/swapping places/ 2 cameras ethernet cables on back of NVR. and see if the problem follows the camera.