Can't open or see my Hikvision camera

Proo

n3wb
Reaction score
I upgraded firmware 5.2.5 -> 5.3.0 over poe and I get dead camera (2CD2032F-I) :redface-new:
Well I get my camera down of outside and connect it 12vdc. Tried over switch and straight of my computer over cable.
SADP cant find camera anymore.
I cant connect over browser or telnet.
I've tryed tftp-server, not help.
I read every post of this forum and try everythink, not helping :sad:

Please help me! :cool:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To check if the camera is still responding normally at first startup, I suggest to try this:
Set your PC IP address to 192.0.0.128 and have it cabled to your router or switch.
At a command prompt, use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64'
Ensure the camera is cabled to your router or switch, power cycle the camera, and observe the ping response.
Normal would be 2 or 3 responses a few seconds after power on, and none after that. No repeats unless you re-power.

If you get that OK - the next step would be figuring out why the tftp updater does not work.
Common causes are running the PC on WiFi, cabling direct from the camera to the PC, not using the Hikvision-specific tftp updater tool, Windows firewall blocking the probes from the camera at power-up to the tftp server.

Proo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Cabled pc to router help :) . Now tftp updater works and I put this firmware on camera https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0
And all is China, thats new problem. I try other firmwares, but that downgrader is only what works. I also try change language to 1 and 2 with hiktool software, but not work att all.
The problem is now, only 1 firmware works (that downgrader link) and its for china :) That is too much for Finnish guy :D

Proo

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved with mtd hack, now camera language is english and thats fine for me :) What I learn this? Never ever update hikvision firmware :D