Can't reset IP Address using SADP tool?

bosco500

n3wb
Reaction score
I got my 7716 NVR and a couple 2032 bullet cams today. Hooked the cams to the NVR and it doesn't recognize them. So I installed the SADP tool and it recognizes the cam. I update the ip address to 10.0.0.20 and default gateway to 10.0.0.1, put in the password, click save, and get an error message "Failed to modify the settings.ID:001" . I double checked and there is nothing on my network above 10.0.0.10. Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Should the 7716 NVR automatically detect and install the camera even though the IP is set to 192.0.0.64?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What version of SADP, 2.x or 3.x?
What's the security status of the cameras in SADP? Active or otherwise?
It's possible that the cameras require activation if they come with recent firmware. What firmware is listed on the cameras label?
It would be worth temporarily changing your PC IP address to something in the same range as the cameras (just have one powered at a time) and see what the browser shows you for the camera status.

bosco500

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not sure what version of SADP, it was on the CD that came with the camera. How do I find this out?
Security shows active
Firmware on label is V5.3.0_150513
Thanks for the help. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by changing the PC IP and checking the camera status.

bosco500

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I looked around for a while and found someone using the password "123456789abc", which worked for me also. I thought they were all "12345" but obviously not.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done, it sounds like you got there.
Yes, the default password was changed to the stronger one that you quoted above, then later an additional measure 'activation' was introduced where the device won't fully operate until a strong password is chosen.
SADP will report that status if the camera is inactive.