Can't see image in browser

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I log into a camera (any of the 5 hikvison I own) I get this message "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug in." I download the plug-in, close my browser (firefox), install the plug-in, open the browser, and get the same message and no image.

This used to work. Please help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I log into a camera (any of the 5 hikvison I own) I get this message "Please click here to download and install the plug-in. Close the browser when installing the plug in." I download the plug-in, close my browser (firefox), install the plug-in, open the browser, and get the same message and no image.

This used to work. Please help.
use internet explorer

Scm7ak

n3wb
Reaction score
I use chrome with the ie addon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ie, same thing, no picture, same message, download and install the plugin, which I did a couple of times. Even uninstalled the plugin and installed again. No love.

So I downloaded and installed Chrome, and added ie tab. Works!

I guess it's time to say goodbye to Firefox and fall in line with the new world order, Google. Who I am kidding, they already know more about me than I know myself.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ie, same thing, no picture, same message, download and install the plugin, which I did a couple of times. Even uninstalled the plugin and installed again. No love.

So I downloaded and installed Chrome, and added ie tab. Works!

I guess it's time to say goodbye to Firefox and fall in line with the new world order, Google. Who I am kidding, they already know more about me than I know myself.
are you sure you are using IE? dont use EDGE..

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good point, I have windows 10, so it's Edge.

nowandthen

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IE works. I was using Edge. Thanks fenderman! Maybe I can avoid Google for a while longer. (Who am I kidding).