Cant see my Camera through the PC only through an app

Gregerwhut

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having difficulties wacthing the live stream on the ip adress that my camera have.
I am only able to see the stream when i am on my phone through a app called. WIFI Alaram made by Safe Home.

Can anyone come with some suggenstions on what to do, as the company does not respond to my calls/emails.

Thanks.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not enough information...
1) what cameras make and model
2) who did you buy it from
3) what browser.

Some browsers will not support access to cameras in certain modes, Chrome,Firefox, safari, edge. Try Internet explorer.

Some cameras that are cloud based will not support access from a web browser.
Some cheap cameras only support app based access.

Gregerwhut

n3wb
Reaction score
1) what cameras make and model
- Model No: 278022-NordicX
The manual can be found at
2) who did you buy it from
- A store in Denmark

3) what browser.
- I have tried both Firefox and Chrome

Some browsers will not support access to cameras in certain modes, Chrome,Firefox, safari, edge. Try Internet explorer.
- Will try

Some cameras that are cloud based will not support access from a web browser.
Some cheap cameras only support app based access.
- Cant you go around it somehow ? mabye with a pyton scripts?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not super strong some parts of networking, but the 239.238.252.93 is a public ip address, not sure that that is about.

On your home wifi network can you access the camera using a PC. The local IP address usually start with 192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x

The documentation does not provided much useful networking information.

Sorry I can not be much help.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Not super strong some parts of networking, but the 239.238.252.93 is a public ip address, not sure that that is about.
IP addresses in the range of 224.0.0.0 to 239.255.255.255 are known as multicast (one to many) or Class D IP addresses. These are used when you want to send one stream of data to a select group of devices. e.g. think IPTV or video conferencing.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having difficulties wacthing the live stream on the ip adress that my camera have.
I am only able to see the stream when i am on my phone through a app called. WIFI Alaram made by Safe Home.

Can anyone come with some suggenstions on what to do, as the company does not respond to my calls/emails.

Thanks.
I would suggest reconfiguring your cameras to use a standard ip address range e.g. 192.168.x.x. and I'd turn multicasting off.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
What are the IP settings on the network settings tab?