Cant see my cameras using ivms4500hd app fpr iphone

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys, I'm able to see my cameras in my phone when I'm at home and I'm connected to my wifi but once I'm out of the rage of my wifi, I cant connect to the cameras even with mobile data turnedon. The register mode for both cameras in ip/domain and the port I'm using in the app is 8000. I when to my router and I did the port forwarding for port 80,554 and 8000 for each ip address of each cameras but that didn't do anything. Any suggestions?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm able to see my cameras in my phone when I'm at home and I'm connected to my wifi but once I'm out of the rage of my wifi, I cant connect to the cameras even with mobile data turnedon. The register mode for both cameras in ip/domain and the port I'm using in the app is 8000. I when to my router and I did the port forwarding for port 80,554 and 8000 for each ip address of each cameras but that didn't do anything. Any suggestions?
If you are using more than one camera you have to use a distinct external port for each. Confirm that the port is open by using canyouseeme.org

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes each camera has its own address but the connection fails if use mobile data and I turnoff the wifi

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes each camera has its own address but the connection fails if use mobile data and I turnoff the wifi
post an image of your port forward settings. Have you tested with canyouseeme?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
yes 554 and 8000 works but 80 does not
you dont need to forward port 80 for the mobile app to work-its a security risk and I would not forward the http port...post an image of your NVR's network settings.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't use a nvr my camera have sd cards so which ports you I use?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use a nvr my camera have sd cards so which ports you I use?
all you need is the media port (default 8000) for the cameras. Post an image of your cameras network settings, you likely have something wrong there.
In the primary dns enter 8.8.8.8 NOT your routers ip address.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Tried to login in my router, I always use 192.168.1.1 but now it keeps saying page can not be displayed any ideas why I can't now?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to login in my router, I always use 192.168.1.1 but now it keeps saying page can not be displayed any ideas why I can't now?
No idea, you need to figure that out first. Restart it. Also in your camera disable upnp.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
80 is the only one showing error, the other two are open

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can you screenshot your settings in the mobile app and post them here?

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is your problem.. You're connecting to your internal address when not on WiFi.. Goto https://www.whatismyip.com/ and use that address. I would setup a no-ip account and use that if you don't have a static ip

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey Kyle it worked for one of the cameras but what should I use for the other, I tried to used the same and it said that already exist and I could not connect.