Cant see my cameras using ivms4500hd app fpr iphone

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kyle it worked for one of the cameras but what should I use for the other, I tried to used the same and it said that already exist and I could not connect.
In your router you need to create a distinct EXTERNAL port for each camera. (you can change the port in the camera, but it is not needed with most cameras)..for example set external port 8001 to go to the ip address of your second camera port 8000.
For example if you second camera is 192.168.1.136
In your cisco router,
Set the start port to 8001 end port 8000 and 192.168.1.136 for the ip in the router.
In the app, use the External ip address and port 8001 NOT 8000.
Do this for each camera, just change the start port, 8002, 8003 etc and ip address.
You dont have to change anything on the camera.
Also, disable port forwarding for 80 and 554 on the first camera, its not needed and a security risk.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In your router you need to create a distinct EXTERNAL port for each camera. (you can change the port in the camera, but it is not needed with most cameras)..for example set external port 8001 to go to the ip address of your second camera port 8000.
For example if you second camera is 192.168.1.136
In your cisco router,
Set the start port to 8001 end port 8000 and 192.168.1.136 for the ip in the router.
In the app, use the External ip address and port 8001 NOT 8000.
Do this for each camera, just change the start port, 8002, 8003 etc and ip address.
You dont have to change anything on the camera.
Also, disable port forwarding for 80 and 554 on the first camera, its not needed and a security risk.
Hi I tried but something is not working see picture please and thanks for all your help guys!image.jpeg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I tried but something is not working see picture please and thanks for all your help guys!View attachment 7448
Sorry my mistake, that router does not allow distinct external ports. The start and end ports is just a port range. You will need to change the media ports in the cameras. Note that sometimes this causes cameras to stop responding. So in the camera change the port to 8001, and also in start and end range enter 8001.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
one more thing I'm able to see one camera on my phone so far (using cell data, no wifi) the cam with port starting and ending in 8000 but when I tried to do the same with the second cam I'm getting an error.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
one more thing I'm able to see one camera on my phone so far (using cell data, no wifi) the cam with port starting and ending in 8000 but when I tried to do the same with the second cam I'm getting an error.
you need to change the media port in the second camera to 8001 and also change the start and end port in the router to 8001 for that camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I did the changes in the router and i was able to save them 8001 to 8001, but the app says connection fail, the port of the app was change to 8001, the ip address should be the same as I used in the cam that is working right? this is the same address I got from what is my ip adrress.
yes the ip address should be the same, you must change the port number in the CAMERA as well.

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so this will need to be done by logging in the hikvision page with ip address of this particular camera correct? will changing he port from 8000 to 8001 will affect the viewing of this camera in my other deices like my pc and ipad (I'm able to see this camera in other devices,the only problem is with the cell phone)? FYI, I changed a port of my cams before and I lost control of the camera to the point that I had to do a reset of it to get it back online to the correct port and it was painfully.
I have already changed the start and end port to 8001 in my router for this camera so I will leave as it is and for the app i will change it as well to 8001

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you will need to change it in the camera or get a new router that allows a distinct external port.. If your router supports ddwrt that will work..

alohaalex

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Febderman thank you very much for your support, I did step by step what told me and now I can have access to my cameras using my cell phone, this forum rocks!:)